NFL Thread

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":13umt60g said:
Cutler's teamates were vigorous in his defense. Torn ligaments (MCL) are pretty painful, I'd think. And his disinterested facial expressions are probably expressions of the size of the pain killer he was given.

Thanks, John. It's refreshing to see someone talk about Cutler with a sense of fairness.

I usually listen to sports talk radio for about an hour in the morning before and on the way to work and then catch a little more during breaks and at lunch. Naturally, the big topic of the day wasn't the two conference champioship games or the Super Bowl matchup. Nope, it was all about Jay Cutler and whether he's tough enough or not. People were saying he should have been back in there and they didn't even know what the injury was yet. Talk about a bunch of morons!

Turns out Cutler has a Grade II MCL tear. It basically means you can stand and even walk, but not much else. I had a similar injury from playing softball back when I was about his age. I missed 6 weeks of work. Yeah, my job involved a lot of walking, lifting and carrying, not to mention using a clutch 4 or 5 hundred times a day, but it ain't exactly what an NFL quarterback has to do. So, yeah, let's run 'ol Jay back out there behind the worse pass blockers in the league with Clay Matthews bearing down on him and no possible way to escape and see how he does. Good call, people.

Now for the toughness thing: The fact is there isn't one QB in the league that's taken more punishment than Cutler the past 2 years. Heck he got sacked 9 times in ONE HALF vs the Giants earlier this year. That's a whole season's worth for some. Over that time he's missed one game with a concussion. ONE GAME!! Other than that one game you know what he did? He got back up and went back to the huddle and ran the next play. Or he went back to the sidelines and prepared for the next series. He didn't whine to the refs, he didn't complain that his OL was like a sieve, and he didn't point out that he had a corps of receivers that didn't know how to run routes, didn't know the playbook half the time, and weren't big enough and strong enough to go up and get the dam ball with a defender draped all over them. Nope, he just played football. Ok, maybe not very well at times, but he played. :lol2:

Don't get me wrong. I'm no Jay Cutler lover. He'll probably never be in the Hall of Fame but if they could shore up the OL and get him a couple of bonafide receivers I think he could be a quality NFL quarterback for a few years. And he might be the horse's ass that the media portrays him to be, although I learned long ago not to believe everything the media belches out. I don't know. I've never met him. But anyone that questions his toughness is full of crap.

wisconsin fans do travel well, a buddy of mine went to the rosebowl this year in Pasadena and bars down town were running out of beer, I hope Dallas is stocked up, like they say if you ever need a liver transplant, make sure it doesnt come from Wisconsin. As far as Cutler goes it wasnt even his call to sit out, to bad other players and fans have to throw him under the bus for it, I even heard that fans were burning Cutler jerseys out in the parking lot after the game.

Superbowl sunday is three days away, two blue collar cities, two teams with alot of history,should be a good one to watch, Go Packers!

I don't want to the Steelers to win another title but I surely don't want to see the Packers bring it home.

TexasBred":qu8todil said:
haase":qu8todil said:
Superbowl sunday is three days away, two blue collar cities, two teams with alot of history,should be a good one to watch, Go Packers!
:clap: :clap:

I'm picking the Steelers. I'll be watching to see if the Packers can take it away from them. Potentially, this is a classic game. The players seem evenly matched.
This assumes that anyone can get to the stadium in a major city which owns a 1970 JD 310 with the blade option as its' only snowplow.

Easy John easy....that blade is borrowed and must be returned in good shape. Don't want to wear it out pushing snow. :lol:

It is pretty pityful but then again, this type weather doesn't hit down here very often. Would be like you guys having 105 next August for 5 days in a row. That we are equipped for. Enjoy the game. ;-)

I am not a fan of either team. But since Rodgers is #4 on my most disliked player list behind Rivers, Mcnabb, and Vince Young, I will have to pull for the Steelers.

john250":1l8g98lh said:
We'd be glad to send Dallas some salt trucks but we're using them all right now.
We don't use salt down here. Folks like fenders on their vehicles and grass growing in the spring. :cowboy: We would definitely be happy to discuss trading "team owners" with you guys. For now the John Deer tractor and "Brother Sun" are catching up today. Suppose to be in the 40's so everything should melt today. Keep that crap up there from now on.

Isomade":2zgt4boi said:
I am not a fan of either team. But since Rodgers is #4 on my most disliked player list behind Rivers, Mcnabb, and Vince Young, I will have to pull for the Steelers.

I can tell by your list that you are a fine, decent, upstanding man with a good head on his shoulders. As a Bears fan, I'm curious where Jay Cutler ranks with you. ;-)

By the way, everyone, I'll be completely neutral in this game. My wife and my youngest DIL are big Packer fans. I can't root for them but, if they do win, it would make two people that I love very happy. Oh, the sacrifices we men have to make! :cry2:

VanC":2hl2r6ox said:
Isomade":2hl2r6ox said:

I can tell by your list that you are a fine, decent, upstanding man with a good head on his shoulders. As a Bears fan, I'm curious where Jay Cutler ranks with you. ;-)

By the way, everyone, I'll be completely neutral in this game. My wife and my youngest DIL are big Packer fans. I can't root for them but, if they do win, it would make two people that I love very happy. Oh, the sacrifices we men have to make! :cry2:
Van, I have no leanings on Cutler one way or the other. I do think he has a great arm though. I do like the Bears, mainly because of Urlacher. As far as Rodgers goes I have absolutely no good reason to dislike him at all. Other than for the same reason I refused to root for Steve Young. Favre and Montana are two of my all-time favorite players. That list goes #1 Favre #2 Barry Sanders #3 Joe Montana....

haase":3p4t7n2j said:
halftime in Dallas, no country bands? where in the be nice is George Strait, or any other country bands,Cmon man.

Good point. I suppose it's all geared for the TV audience and not the locals.

Green bay came in as the number 6 team in the playoffs and went on the road and beat the best teams ahead of them and then beat the best team in the AFC, the Steelers, a class act team, The Packers are the best. Go Pack Go :banana: :banana: :banana:

haase":me69t7ek said:
Green bay came in as the number 6 team in the playoffs and went on the road and beat the best teams ahead of them and then beat the best team in the AFC, the Steelers, a class act team, The Packers are the best. Go Pack Go :banana: :banana: :banana:
I realize you can only play who they put in front of you in the playoffs. I would have liked to see the Patriots against the Packers. The Pats destroyed the Steelers in the regular season and I think they were the best team in the AFC. At any rate congrats to the Packers and their fans.

novaman":2e535prx said:
haase":2e535prx said:
I realize you can only play who they put in front of you in the playoffs. I would have liked to see the Patriots against the Packers. The Pats destroyed the Steelers in the regular season and I think they were the best team in the AFC. At any rate congrats to the Packers and their fans.

Like they say......on any given day.

Heck,I wish they would of played the Patriots too, Greenbay only lost to them by three with a backup quarterback in NewEngland.

Congratulations to the Packers. They've always been a class organization. If they don't get the dreaded "Super Bowl Hangover" they're going to be scary good the next couple of years.

Time to put this thread into hibernation.

To the victors go the "Got Milk?" ads.

aaron_rodgers.jpg

Latest posts