NFL Thread

Help Support CattleToday:

ChrisB":3l2razgm said:
I will be cheering for the Bears as I will never stoop low enough to cheer for the Packers. ;-) And I'll give the nod to the Steelers in the AFC.
:lol: :nod: I'm with ya!!!

I suppose living in Minnesota not much to cheer for in sports, :cry2: Ill still take the packers, pro bowl quarterback or not. :tiphat:

Fourth grade teacher in Green Bay tells her class "Everybody that's a Packer fan raise your hand." Everybody raises their hand except little Johnny in the back row.

Teacher: You're not a Packer fan, Johnny?

Johnny: No, ma'am, I'm a Bears fan.

Teacher: A Bears fan!!?? Why in the world are you a Bears fan?

Johnny: 'Cause my Mom and Dad are Bears fans.

Teacher: What if I told you your Mom was an idiot and your Dad was a moron?

Johnny: Then I guess I'd be a Packer fan.

VanC":1o47e95p said:
Fourth grade teacher in Green Bay tells her class "Everybody that's a Packer fan raise your hand." Everybody raises their hand except little Johnny in the back row.

Teacher: You're not a Packer fan, Johnny?

Johnny: No, ma'am, I'm a Bears fan.

Teacher: A Bears fan!!?? Why in the world are you a Bears fan?

Johnny: 'Cause my Mom and Dad are Bears fans.

Teacher: What if I told you your Mom was an idiot and your Dad was a moron?

Johnny: Then I guess I'd be a Packer fan.

Good one Van! :clap:

haase":fp4b9hqq said:
I suppose living in Minnesota not much to cheer for in sports, :cry2: Ill still take the packers, pro bowl quarterback or not. :tiphat:

Forget about the Pro Bowl....the Packers QB is going to the Super Bowl.

Good thing for the packers that chi didn't put in their 4th string QB, they probably would have won

TB, the probowl thing was kind of a joke, and your the only one that cought on to it abought the president and Vick, not to many people even watch the probowl. Go Packers

Good game, and a once in a lifetime event. At least the Bears didn't roll over like all the "experts" thought they would. The Packers earned it and I like their chances against whoever wins the AFC.

VanC":c2o8ttnl said:
Steelers are looking pretty good.

A tale of two halfs, looked like the Jets had shown up to play in the second, BUT the Steelers just stopped them on the goal line on 4th down.

MistyMorning":jw7ztsac said:
VanC":jw7ztsac said:
Steelers are looking pretty good.

A tale of two halfs, looked like the Jets had shown up to play in the second, BUT the Steelers just stopped them on the goal line on 4th down.

Fumble, jets recover for 2, now I need to get the heck off here and go watch!

Anybody surprised Cutler sat out most of the second half? He didn't look like he was hurting. Probably was a good thing as the 3rd string QB looked to be their best option.

novaman":ayx5a7bf said:
Anybody surprised Cutler sat out most of the second half? He didn't look like he was hurting. Probably was a good thing as the 3rd string QB looked to be their best option.

Cutler's teamates were vigorous in his defense. Torn ligaments (MCL) are pretty painful, I'd think. And his disinterested facial expressions are probably expressions of the size of the pain killer he was given.
I'd say Caleb Hanie assured himself of better opportunities in the future. I wonder what his contract status is? 3rd string QB's are usually on short term deals, and a lot of teams need QB's. I see a big smile on his agent's face as he put's calls on "hold".
I can't call the win on Packers-Steelers and don't really have a favorite.
The QB's don't have Brady's looks or Manning's mind but they're in the SB, Pittsburgh's for the 3rd time.
OK, there it is. Steelers by 3, because Big Ben wins Super Bowls.
Dallas got real lucky. I see Wisconsin and western Pennsylvania draining into Texas for a long weekend at the game. Those fans travel. And they'll spend. Some of them may even pay Jerry and the NFL $200 to watch on TV in the parking lot.

One more thing.
Green Bay management must feel vindicated r.e. Brett Favre. Rogers turned out to be the better choice. It just took time.
The fact they can smirk across the state line to the west is just gravy.

john250":10nj848n said:
One more thing.
Green Bay management must feel vindicated r.e. Brett Favre. Rogers turned out to be the better choice. It just took time.
Yeah it's pretty rare for a team to dump a future HOFer and start over with a guy that can play as well as Rodgers has. Favre has officially retired and I am betting the Vikings will release his rights. Packers will sign him for a day and he will retire as a Packer.

john250":1tz2qwlf said:
One more thing.
John local news was showing sports bars etc in DFW yesterday...Nothing but Packers and Steeles jerseys. You'd be surprised how many fans they have down here. Maybe it goes way back to when the cowboys could also field a competitive team. :kid:

Latest posts