NFL Thread 2011-2012

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
This worked well last year. So, who do you root for? It's a silly game played by really big men who have mutiple feloney convictions. It's a game of numbers. It is mock combat, not to be confused with real combat by anyone who only writes about sports. A money machine. Here we go.
I have the Colts going to the Super Bowl against the Saints, again.
Brees is a good arm with considerable control of the Saints, via his moral authority and his "super bowl creds". He looks awfully good. From a distance, the Saints rank among the best managed teams.
The Colts have been either good or lucky for a decade. More, if you go back to Baltimore. They have spent salary money to protect a QB and provide him with recievers. Guys who can reliably catch a football while well positioned D-backs consider the fines they'll get if they really hit this one hard.

I rate these two as the best run teams, therefore having the best chance to win it all. Probably that is dead wrong.

I am rooting for the Seahawks because they are the home town team. But realistically I put their chance somewhere between slim and none........ On the other hand they did beat the Saints in the play offs last year.....

ga.prime":1we5dv00 said:
This gonna be a fun ride.
:nod: I'm pretty sure John and I just knocked the Steelers, Colts, Saints, and Falcons out of playoff contention. :lol:

ga.prime":2uni65pf said:
Maybe not, Iso. Falcons got Roddy White and Julio Jones!
No one in the national media seems to be paying attention to the Falcons. I think Matty Ice could have an MVP caliber year. I think the Falcons have huge upside. Of course everything in the NFL hinges on staying healthy more than most folks realize.

I don't get to watch football on Sundays because I have to work.... but I take off Saturday s to watch football ...

JSCATTLE":kskknjjq said:
I don't get to watch football on Sundays because I have to work.... but I take off Saturday s to watch football ...
I spend my weekends outdoors so I record the games I want to see and watch when I get in at night. All I use the tube for is old westerns and sports anyway.

Isomade":21tpyjlk said:
JSCATTLE":21tpyjlk said:
I spend my weekends outdoors so I record the games I want to see and watch when I get in at night. All I use the tube for is old westerns and sports anyway.[/quote.
That's about all there is worth watching on tv..

I will stick with the same team as last year Go Packers, seams that they have the pressure off of them already with the new dream team, the Eagles.

haase":1sxcw4i1 said:
I will stick with the same team as last year Go Packers, seams that they have the pressure off of them already with the new dream team, the Eagles.

Packers @ Colts exhibition tonite. The Colts seem to take pride in never winning an exhibition game and I don't know how the Pack approaches the preseason. Packers are a strong choice when the games count.

I'm a Bears fan but I don't see them going too far this year. Of course I said that last year and look how far they got relying on defense and special teams. Not too often the 30th ranked offense in the league comes within a few points of the Super Bowl. From what I've seen so far they've shored up the offensive line some but still probably below average there. Don't see where they did much to upgrade the receivers, either. We'll see. I just hope they can make the playoffs and then we'll see what happens. With the lockout this summer, players and coaches are behind where they should be at this point, so there could be a lot of surprises the first 3 or 4 weeks of the regular season. Already been an unusual amount of injuries, at least it seems like it to me.

Not exactly going out on a limb but I'll predict Green Bay and New England in the Super Bowl this year. John, I don't see the Colts doing much this year. I hope I'm wrong.

I put no stock in pre-season games as a prophesy for the season. They're just a way to evaluate the talent up and down the roster. It's just practice.

ga.prime":3fm4zf99 said:
I put no stock in pre-season games as a prophesy for the season. They're just a way to evaluate the talent up and down the roster. It's just practice.

You neglect to mention $. Season tics require the purchase of preseanson games at a steep price.

john250":1dqdst8n said:
ga.prime":1dqdst8n said:

You neglect to mention $. Season tics require the purchase of preseanson games at a steep price.
You're right. That's the heart of the matter!

VanC":th8qlw04 said:
Not exactly going out on a limb but I'll predict Green Bay and New England in the Super Bowl this year. John, I don't see the Colts doing much this year. I hope I'm wrong.

Well Van, it's like this.
http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/artic ... off,21273/ :bang: :bang:
So the season turns into an episode of General Hospital. I'll see who gets a good start and jump on the bandwagon.
Does the make Houston the division (AFC South) favorite. I think so.

john250":c8ddaczz said:
VanC":c8ddaczz said:

Well Van, it's like this.
http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/artic ... off,21273/ :bang: :bang:
So the season turns into an episode of General Hospital. I'll see who gets a good start and jump on the bandwagon.
Does the make Houston the division (AFC South) favorite. I think so.

Heck, I made that prediction when I thought Peyton was going to play. Without him it's going to be a tough year. That offense was built around Manning and I can't see anyone else stepping in and doing what he's done the past 12 years or so. Heard someone say on the radio today that when Indy hired a new offensive coordinator a few years ago he sat down with Manning and Peyton taught HIM the offense, instead of the other way around. That's how important he is. You never know, though. If they can get a good running game going and the defense plays well they might still have a shot. I hope so for your sake.