newborn calf

Help Support CattleToday:

lancemart":1yynvb8s said:
I don't mean to be a pain in the you know what, but I know nothing and asking all these absurd questions I learned an awful lot. I get answers as if I wore a dunce cap, and when it comes to raising cattle in Rhode Island, and not being able to get good answers here, I do where the cap well.

Hey lance we are not picking on you.............much :lol: Some of us just get a kick out of how some of these cows are pampered.

I can believe they don't know much about cattle in RI. BTW what is it that you guys do well up there? Just kidding, don't get your panties in a wad.

Keep asking your questions. Someone will help.

We look at them and enjoy watching mama do her thing. As long as she is doing her job I don't have one.

we all pretty much look foward to calving time.lancemart you will settle down in time cattle been calving for years without mans help.i got neighbors who dont even know they had a calf till they see the buzzards circling

ALACOWMAN":80j2ucf0 said:
we all pretty much look foward to calving time.lancemart you will settle down in time cattle been calving for years without mans help.i got neighbors who dont even know they had a calf till they see the buzzards circling

Hey that could be me. In one herd I usually don't know about a calf until she brings it up. Most of the time I may see her and say shes gonna have a calf within the week. Later she will bring one up or with the rest of the herd where I notice her. I guess I also need to add this herd has been culled hard for easy calvers and good mothers. They just do their job year after year. I was bushhogging this morning and when I got close to a fence a calf jumped up on the other side. After I made my pass it went back a laid down. I guess it thought "momma said stay here young man, and don't leave or no tv tonight." It was about 3 days old. First time I had saw him.

i remember many moons ago the first calf born on my place.. a black baldie bull calf... i didnt even know the cow was ready to have one... didnt know what to look for.

it was kinda weird... a friend came over and was looking at my cows and here comes a little one running into the midst... that was a pleasant surprise..

jt

Latest posts