new tractor w/ 10 hrs-1st flat tire!

Help Support CattleToday:

pdubdo

Reaction score
Granted, I'm going brush hogging along overgrown honey locust patches, but really! So do you guys use foam fill? Green slime? Other tricks?

Forgive my snickering.....but irony does that sometimes. A few years ago, less than 30 minutes on a $12,000 overhaul, the high side ac line blew on one of mine. Some times their is no escaping the sucker punches. :D

I run water in my rears....helps get me back to the house or to the tire shop. Got be diligent not to run over those shredded thorns.

1982vett":1gdlnz6j said:
Forgive my snickering.....but irony does that sometimes. A few years ago, less than 30 minutes on a $12,000 overhaul, the high side ac line blew on one of mine. Some times their is no escaping the sucker punches. :D

I run water in my rears....helps get me back to the house or to the tire shop. Got be diligent not to run over those shredded thorns.

8 point shed will punch a hole you won't make it back in time.
Nothing I would rather do than walk to the house from the back pasture.
Load compressors impacts and jacks to go change a tire absolutely love it.

I don't know if slime will do it with the holes you'll get.. they may make it home (with 5 gallons in each tire), but they'll probably still leak.. just slower.

I slimed my trailer tires because I knew they were susceptible to rocks going through the tread and I was hauling cattle.. I passed a rock slide, and less than a mile after it I had a flat with smoke coming off it.. slime didn't do squat, and it does even less on sidewalls.

I get airplane tires for the front they work pretty good I have a ton of mesquite around here. The backs I just roll with the punches.

It seems like a seldom if ever get a flat when farming normal ground "BUT" as soon as I hook up the brush cutter it never fails that I get a flat tire. 95% of the time its on one of the front tires, but I have pushed a stick through a rear before. None of my current tractors have anything in them, but my last tractor I had foam but in the front tires after the 3rd flat in two weeks. Funny thing is it cost me $300 per tire to have them filled with foam, and a month later the transmission froze up (2nd time). I sent the tractor down range and licked my wounds.

Now, I stay out of the real nasty stuff and stay where I have already taken off the worst parts so it's easy to maintain with no flats. As for the rest I hire a guy who has metal tracks and he just tears up what I need done. I figure it's it's better to pay a little $$$ versus trashing my equipment and dealing with the flat tires and occasional breakdowns that always seem to occur when trying to knock down rough stuff.

Just had my 2nd flat-other front tire. I'm brush-hogging a 20 year over-grown fence line now. I'm starting to think about C-Ranch's way of doing things. Instead of pushing my tractor to it's limits maybe I should hire out the rough stuff. Thanks for all the comments

It also free you up to do other things so in the end I am able to do a few other tasks while someone else abuses their equipment.

we put the pink tire sealant in all of our tractors and 4 wheeler.and take works for us.

Latest posts