New Semen Tank $299

Help Support CattleToday:

hooknline":21j5bi8u said:
Wait a second.....there are unwritten rules? :hide:

Yep and most of em are made up just because of you :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)

I don't know Macon, I am sure he is a nice guy. I saw the post "no advertising", saw his advertisment and made a comment. And thiat's it. End of story. Not trying to pick a fight with anyone. Sorry about that. :tiphat:

3waycross":2b5iy8ul said:
hooknline":2b5iy8ul said:

Yep and most of em are made up just because of you :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)
Now you tell me.
Me or Iso???
Haha

3waycross":sfehm778 said:
hooknline":sfehm778 said:

If the posse had to be rounded up again, reckon any of them would still be young and feeble enuf to ride? LOL Memories of Blackpower and the good ol' days - even goin back before registrations on CT. Thanks Macon for a great site. My wife asks 'Don't you ever get tired of readin that stuff?' Not yet!!!!!

fit2btied":144raeyr said:
3waycross":144raeyr said:
hooknline":144raeyr said:

If the posse had to be rounded up again, reckon any of them would still be young and feeble enuf to ride? LOL Memories of Blackpower and the good ol' days - even goin back before registrations on CT. Thanks Macon for a great site. My wife asks 'Don't you ever get tired of readin that stuff?' Not yet!!!!!

I may be old enough to actually ride and shoot straight this time around. ;-)

3waycross":2xpwoorq said:
hooknline":2xpwoorq said:

I think an apology is in order now. :mrgreen:

fit2btied":3vc3sbn7 said:
3waycross":3vc3sbn7 said:
hooknline":3vc3sbn7 said:

Boy that name does bring back memories, although I thought he called himself "Blackpowder", but early days of the possee. Lord help whoever they went after. I think I may have enjoyed those days a little more than now but it may be me and my age.

:tiphat:
Take care, I'm going to go and commit suicide ..... again
Matt

or maybe this is Turnthatcowlosema or one of many alias's

What is the capacity? What is the full weight? Is it a shipper or a transfer tank? I could use a small tank so i may be interested.

Beef11":cv0ni2op said:
What is the capacity? What is the full weight? Is it a shipper or a transfer tank? I could use a small tank so i may be interested.
Did you look at the website?

Beef11":u4xan4of said:

Macon's response to the same question when I asked him

by M Gravlee » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:56 pm

A very short 20 days. This tank is really designed for temporary storage. We have tanks with up to 215 days holding time. You can see the various tanks holding time at:
http://sementank.com/sementanks.htm

The time listed is probably less than actual time you can get if you store in a cool dark place and don't open it very often.

I have a couple of questions that apply to this tank or others. When not being used for temporary storage, it would be dry. So, does that mean it's okay for a tank to alternate between being filled and going dry? I read in a different thread that a tank shouldn't be allowed to go dry or it could compromise the vacuum seal so I'm just curious. The other question is regarding the canister height, which is a little shorter. The notes say something to the effect that without being tied together, the canes might fan out and be harder to remove through the neck. Anyone have experience with that?

Beef11 wrote:

A very short 20 days. This tank is really designed for temporary storage. We have tanks with up to 215 days holding time. You can see the various tanks holding time at:

I'm looking for the capacity in units. The n2 isn't as big of an issue.
although i don't want a shipper

Beef11":p6pzvfbs said:
Beef11 wrote:

I'm looking for the capacity in units. The n2 isn't as big of an issue.
although i don't want a shipper
You mean like the 792 straws that it shows on the website?

yes! that is what i was looking for. Now that brings up another question. Why does it have a rating with a two in it? Do I take the last two and stuff them in the cracks between a couple of canes? I am excited about the 790 part though, that should be enough room.

Beef11":3176c9uq said:
yes! that is what i was looking for. Now that brings up another question. Why does it have a rating with a two in it? Do I take the last two and stuff them in the cracks between a couple of canes? I am excited about the 790 part though, that should be enough room.
Use your amazing math skills and divide 792 by 6. The 792 is bulk, that is without canes or goblets, just straws.

Well now i need it converted to ampules? While we are at it what would it hold in full canes? 1/4cc mini canes? and last but not least a random mix of 1/2, 1/4, ampules, some in partial canes some in full canes some loose and a few straws dropped down loose in the bottom of the tank?

Beef11":1auly0v8 said:
Well now i need it converted to ampules? While we are at it what would it hold in full canes? 1/4cc mini canes? and last but not least a random mix of 1/2, 1/4, ampules, some in partial canes some in full canes some loose and a few straws dropped down loose in the bottom of the tank?

How many head do you AI and how often/per year Beef11.
That can help eliminate the ones that are too small or too big .

2/B or not 2/B":23j22mrg said:
I have a couple of questions that apply to this tank or others. When not being used for temporary storage, it would be dry. So, does that mean it's okay for a tank to alternate between being filled and going dry? I read in a different thread that a tank shouldn't be allowed to go dry or it could compromise the vacuum seal so I'm just curious. The other question is regarding the canister height, which is a little shorter. The notes say something to the effect that without being tied together, the canes might fan out and be harder to remove through the neck. Anyone have experience with that?

Can't say I've worked with shorter than average canisters but I doubt it'll be an issue... one company I buy from puts them in 'inserts' so they can't fan anyway because the insert is small circumference. They're harder to get out of an insert packed full (20 straws) than the other company that just throws them into the canister along with a label. Those straws do fan out, it's no problem.

Latest posts