New Road

Help Support CattleToday:

kucala5

Reaction score
We lost our lease on what basically provided access from one piece of land to another.
Today, we had a quarter mile of road cut for an alternate route. We plan to use the decking as a fence for now on the right side. Our girls are easy so should follow us right down or up as the case may be unless curiosity get the best of any one of them. We should be moving them to those pastures in June 🤞🏻.
D5087163-C6FB-49A9-A215-29C726FDE70B.jpeg20972F35-E620-4400-BCE9-C0E0E1DC2F1D.jpeg20972F35-E620-4400-BCE9-C0E0E1DC2F1D.jpeg47173CB6-ECAE-4EEA-9F25-1C1A0DF07769.jpeg

{QUOTE="sstterry, post: 1673040, member: 28912"]
Those are awful small cows in that last picture :)
[/QUOTE]

Special small midget breed they only have in Arkansas. Nothing they let anybody else see. Bahahahahahaha. Just playing!!!
I like them pretty sure they are called dogs. 😉😊

Any chance they're hot wire broke? A couple rolls of wire stretched thru there wouldn't cost much to buy or put up, you can roll it back up when you're done and do it again next time.

Where you at is Arkansas? Southern Mo/Northern Ark is one of my favorite regions.

We lost our lease on what basically provided access from one piece of land to another.
Today, we had a quarter mile of road cut for an alternate route. We plan to use the decking as a fence for now on the right side. Our girls are easy so should follow us right down or up as the case may be unless curiosity get the best of any one of them. We should be moving them to those pastures in June 🤞🏻.
View attachment 3279View attachment 3280View attachment 3280View attachment 3281
What part of Arkansas are you in?

Any chance they're hot wire broke? A couple rolls of wire stretched thru there wouldn't cost much to buy or put up, you can roll it back up when you're done and do it again next time.

Where you at is Arkansas? Southern Mo/Northern Ark is one of my favorite regions.
Yep. Very familiar with hot wire. So much so we could probably put it up without a charge on it!
We are in North Central Arkansas. Flippin to be exact.

I just looked up what a waterbar is. Looks like various ways to make one. Any suggestions of what to use that would be "cheap and cheerful"? Photos welcome.
Primary use will be side x side...tractor as needed. We have highway access as well.

I just looked up what a waterbar is. Looks like various ways to make one. Any suggestions of what to use that would be "cheap and cheerful"? Photos welcome.
Me too. I've seen them but always thought they were just some joker's idea of a speed bump on rural and USFS roads.

There are diagrams available from forestry agencies and NRCS. They are not rocket science but they make a road endure better than if let to erode. You can build them with anything with a scoop, bucket, turn plow, '' but the key is the placement to protect the road and to get the water totally away from the road. They have a speed bump look but that is not the real reason.