New Relationship

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":3dma78wh said:
Sounds like everyone is assuming it's a guy question, it might be sweetie that's wanting a little input from a man's view. Or heck in some places it's even legal for queers to get married.

The Crow made that assumption. Apparently he is intimidated by anyone who smells sweeter than he does. ;-)

TennesseeTuxedo":3nj6u81t said:
Minimum waiting period is 12 months.

That's is they died kinda stuff right there. Screw that! I say as long as you both figure out you can't live together and want a divorce it's time to put your nose to the ground.

slick4591":hjj3csoh said:
TennesseeTuxedo":hjj3csoh said:
Minimum waiting period is 12 months.

That's is they died kinda stuff right there. Screw that! I say as long as you both figure out you can't live together and want a divorce it's time to put your nose to the ground.

I don't know, I think TT has a point. I can imagine that going through a divorce is not a very pleasant process, and is a person really in a good place at that point? I know "if a person can't take you at your worst, they shouldn't get you at your best," but let's put it like this: there are sections of town that are better left unseen and if you never drive through them that's for the best. It works the same way with emotions. Several of the folks I work with have gone through divorces, and it took them awhile to get over it. I don't think they would have been anything that anyone would have wanted to date.

I've been thru 2 divorces and sitting at home sulking sucks to no end. Get up and get out and find something to occupy your time and attention. Not saying you need to look for someone to hook up with but good people of the opposite sex can show you there's a much better life than where you've been.

Experts recommend a waiting period of 12 months (or more) after a divorce before making any large life changing decisions such as a job change, a new and serious relationship, or moving to a new town. Basically a "cooling off" period to allow some of the angst of what a person just went through to dissipate.

I think they say dating is okay during that first year but getting back into a committed relationship is probably not a good idea.

slick4591":3rfbp5hf said:
I've been thru 2 divorces and sitting at home sulking sucks to no end. Get up and get out and find something to occupy your time and attention. Not saying you need to look for someone to hook up with but good people of the opposite sex can show you there's a much better life than where you've been.

I'll have to defer to your experience in the matter Slick. I'm coming up on my 32nd anniversary and I'd do it all over again.

Rafter S":3tfor75i said:
Those questions are way too general to get a definitive answer. I'd think the circumstances of the divorce would play a big part on when it would be prudent to begin a new relationship.

I have to agree with you on this... The circumstances must always be taken into consideration. That's what I got after reading ReGain.

TennesseeTuxedo":162sdfml said:
snip...
I think they say dating is okay during that first year but getting back into a committed relationship is probably not a good idea.

There's the key. Play, have fun and keep yourself occupied. Nothing too serious for a while even tho it feels right. I only waited 9 months between 1st and 2nd and it lasted 9 years. I waited a little over 10 years between 2nd and 3rd and we've been married almost 19 years, and we dated a little over 3 years before marriage.

I dunno. Does an over night or afternoon rendezvous count as a 'relationship'?
If so, then 10 minutes after finalization is probably long enough to wait.
(I think the court stenographer was giving me to eye)

TennesseeTuxedo":1slr7a0w said:
slick4591":1slr7a0w said:

I'll have to defer to your experience in the matter Slick. I'm coming up on my 32nd anniversary and I'd do it all over again.
TT we made 32 years in March. The first couple of tries didn't last a year combined.

Caustic Burno":1x9u5cwe said:
Jogeephus":1x9u5cwe said:
Bright Raven":1x9u5cwe said:
Your point was clear. No good man would bash a woman and I was not implying you are guilty. I was adding to your warning. However, the warm cow pie analogy is graphic. Lol

Lessons are best learned when you don't sugarcoat a turd.

Raven is trying to pick up the turd from the clean end.

Raven IS the turd. :lol2: :lol: :hide:

Bestoutwest":s2h8ghrg said:
Bright Raven":s2h8ghrg said:
TexasBred":s2h8ghrg said:
Raven IS the turd. :lol2: :lol: :hide:

And let it be known, I have been called worse. Lol

What's worse, a turd or booger picker?

The best name caller I ever met was Virgil Bishop - That guy had some of the funniest lines I ever heard and I have heard lots. He was a wildcat coal miner back in my early days. Remember, when you are an agent of the Federal Civil Service, you cannot call names back, but At the end of the day, those names don't put you in the mood to be lenient.

Latest posts