New Relationship

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":1o7670wf said:
The best name caller I ever met was Virgil Bishop - That guy had some of the funniest lines I ever heard and I have heard lots. He was a wildcat coal miner back in my early days. Remember, when you are an agent of the Federal Civil Service, you cannot call names back, but At the end of the day, those names don't put you in the mood to be lenient.

Any clean enough for this forum? I worked at a Napa for about 4 years in college. Those guys had some good names for folks, but I can't remember any that are clean enough for anyone. Their humor was pretty low brow, but entertaining nonetheless.

ranchersswiss":1wg8m3e6 said:
Is it okay to enter into a new relationship with another person after a failed marriage? How long do you usually wait before one can get involved with someone after a divorce? Just want to know your thoughts on this..
After the divorce is final, no worries except for possible social stigma and gossip. If it is before the divorce is final, you had better consult your lawyer!

PS... If you are getting a divorce, turn off Facebook and stay away from all social media (except Cattletoday of course :p ).

I've always believed a person has to be able to live with themselves before they can live with someone else. If you're not happy with who you are, no one else can ever make you happy. And, it's no one's job to make you happy. that's your own responsibility.

Life is short - if you're not hurting anyone else (like kids) do what makes you happy. That said I wouldn't suggest a major commitment until you're sure you're ready (I'm guessing you're not or you wouldn't have to ask), but by all means if you want to see someone, do it.

This reminds me of the young "lady" who was big time pregnant and was talking to her mom. She asked her "mom how long after having the baby before I can have intercourse"??? Mom smiled and said "girl it all depends on whether or not the hospital puts you in a private or semi-private room".

Every time I've ever traded one in, I got a newer model.

Less dings and dents, more horsepower, and better fuel mileage is always a good thing.

jehosofat":oapmh78e said:

Less dings and dents, more horsepower, and better fuel mileage is always a good thing.

Sounds good in theory but you'll never get one paid for like that :lol2: Then again, not sure you ever get one paid off completely anyhow :hide:

JMJ Farms":3klx790k said:
jehosofat":3klx790k said:

Sounds good in theory but you'll never get one paid for like that :lol2: Then again, not sure you ever get one paid off completely anyhow :hide:
I beg to differ. I'm a "newer model" and because of his health issues, I'm the one managing the cattle & doing the majority of the shyt work. Pretty sure I'm not only paid off, my value has appreciated ;-) :lol2:

TCRanch":34gg7d1n said:
JMJ Farms":34gg7d1n said:
jehosofat":34gg7d1n said:

I beg to differ. I'm a "newer model" and because of his health issues, I'm the one managing the cattle & doing the majority of the shyt work. Pretty sure I'm not only paid off, my value has appreciated ;-) :lol2:

If I ever do any more trading I'm gonna look you up TC! But in case you still have a driver then, do you have a sister with low mileage? :cboy:

JMJ Farms":kgzo9l9y said:
TCRanch":kgzo9l9y said:
JMJ Farms":kgzo9l9y said:

If I ever do any more trading I'm gonna look you up TC! But in case you still have a driver then, do you have a sister with low mileage? :cboy:
:lol: Maybe - I'm adopted.

Having been through a divorce and the death of a spouse, I can tell you from experience there is not a set time. Whoever said earlier, "when you meet the right one" had the right idea. Number 3 and I have been married for 24 years.

Hook2.0":2o1bbc89 said:
Neighbor kid is in his early 30's and just got divorced after a short marriage. A month later his new girlfriend (much younger ) is moved in.
There is talk
Is she showing yet?? :lol2: :lol2:

I'd say, focus on you first. Re-discover who you are, what you really want in another partner and do not settle on less. Take your time. Find a sterile side chic who is a bit freaky but not psychotic.

I was in a marriage for 12 years. 10 years longer than it should have been.

3 years after a messy divorce, I moved myself and the kids north to start a new life. In those 3 years, I did not date. I had opportunity but I didn't dance around what I was after in a partner.

Had I jumped in and started dating thru my divorce and the aftermath when it was messy...it would have been a lot of baggage to bring into a new relationship. I don't think that is fair to anyone involved.

So depending on your baggage and what faults you've discovered in yourself that made that last marriage fail... there is your answer.

Latest posts