new regs coming for texas on TB free certified free status

Help Support CattleToday:

magpie

Reaction score
via a phone converstation oct 25th with the "texas animal health commision" i found out that they are implimenting more restrictive regs in regards to what will be allowed for a texas "tb certified free herd"

currently you have to undergo a yearly test for all animals over the age of 24 months (if i understand this correctly) (18 moa for brucellosis)

a letter is being sent out today (oct 25)? as to the new tighter regs.... but what was mentined, is this:

texas is going to a 2 yr certification for tb BUT you will not be able to bring in an animal into your herd that is NOT FROM ANOTHER "TB CERTIFIED FREE HERD"

this will restrict us from buying and bringing into our "certified tb free herd" any any that does not come from "another certified tb free herd"

there is to be a one year grace period for this transition....

this means they are trying to tell you that buying from other "tb free states" is not good enough, that you have to only buy from "TB certified free HERDS"

THUS RESTRICTING MY CHOICES IN WHOM I AM ABLE TO BUY FROM!!!!!!

if i bring in an animal from a "NON-TB CERTIFIED HERD" than i will automatically lose my "certified TB free status"

will probably recieve the letter early next week.... anybody else know of this??????

-----------------

how do you think this will affect you????????

magpie

I keep wondering what would happen if everybody in Texas just refused to acknowledge the TABC. Don't suppose they'd just go away would they? They are as bad for the horse industry as the cow industry.Z

THUS RESTRICTING MY CHOICES IN WHOM I AM ABLE TO BUY FROM!!!!!!

No, they're not restricting any such thing. You can buy cattle wherever you want. You just can't turn around and resell them as from a certified free herd until they has undergone testing in your herd.

called my district tahc man and he called the main office in austin...

what i have to do, is to make sure the animal is tested for brucellosis and TB a minimum of 60 days, before leaving it's old home and coming to my place.... even if it is coming from a certified free state...

today sounds simplier than it did yesterday... does this mean i woke up in a "new world" today? sighs

it really did sound worse to me yesterday, than what it sounds today, but still have to get that letter into my hands and see it for myself....

sorry, i made a mountain out of a mole hill...... guess i need to crawl back under my rock, and quit reading so much.... lol

i just really hate getting hit with more regs, when i am already trying to do things the right way.... ( i am already in compliance
with all your stupid regs and that isn't good enough, you have to have more and more regs??????? grrrrrr)

just a blonde venting! can't you tell? lol

mapie

Latest posts