New Longhorn

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Here's our latest addition of a new brood cow. She's "Native Senator's Queen" (Senator daughter and Ozark Mountain Queen granddaughter). We got her this spring. She has 80" of total horn. "Queen" is a little lean in this photo as she had just arrived from a long trip to our place. She has settled in well and now weighs about 1150#.

nsq4108.jpg

bigbull338":1osqdhv2 said:
she is a goodlooking cow.an has a heck of a horn spread on her.is she bred back.

"Queen" is bred back to "LC Bladen", a Hunts Demand Respect (son of Hunts COMMAND Respect" X CWR Windchime. She is scheduled to calve this year. Not sure which one of our own sires she'll be bred back to this year. Queen is 13 years old and has been a great producer for her previous owners.

I like her, she looks thick even when she is so thin, if you understand me. Good feet and legs from what I see. I am sorry abaut all the white because I like solid colour, but horns are splendid and cows who make it to thirteen have inner quality. Congrats as 80+ cows are rare!

ANAZAZI":3fvhi9ut said:
I like her, she looks thick even when she is so thin, if you understand me. Good feet and legs from what I see. I am sorry abaut all the white because I like solid colour, but horns are splendid and cows who make it to thirteen have inner quality. Congrats as 80+ cows are rare!

Thanks for your comments! In our herd, we try to offer variety in colors and horn styles. We have several solid white, solid black, solid brown, solid red, as well as some patterns (red/white, roan, black/white). Some of our customers have preferred different types to complement or modify their color program.

Some of our best producing females are in the 8 to 16 year old range...calf every year with a color pattern "Christmas Present" with each calf. I could post more photos of our cattle; however, wouldn't want to "outstay my welcome" and all. Our website has photos of all of our Longhorns. Some of our best producers with interesting color patterns and horns are: "JR Quincy," "Dark Shadows", "Salida Sleek". We also have several mamas, their daughters, and their grand-daughters also.

There is no such thing as outstaying your wellcome by posting pictures; we are not obliged to watch them, we do so at our own choice.
Post more pictures!

She looks good and should give you 4 or 5 more babies. Good purchase!!

Nice writeup you had in the TLBAA Journal too. What's it like to be famous? :D

I'd like to see an updated picture of her, since she has now settled in. Honestly, I think she looks pretty rough in this picture. But I know how much a little time on a good nutritional system, some green grass, and a good de-worming can help a cow.

I do like that she is by Senator, I like that a lot.

Ryan

Ryan":u7sacc6c said:
I'd like to see an updated picture of her, since she has now settled in. Honestly, I think she looks pretty rough in this picture. But I know how much a little time on a good nutritional system, some green grass, and a good de-worming can help a cow.

Ryan

Me too, it was a great bull!

Ryan":3rxdsyo4 said:

Ryan

Got a new photo today, 5.14.08. "Native Senator Queen". She's been here at Running Arrow 5 weeks now. On bermuda pasture and 10-11% CP bermuda hay + Bio Remedies "Longhorn Mineral (Molasses) Tub".

NativeSenatorQueen51408.jpg

She is very gentle and likes human attention. Is settling in very well here.

ETF":34ybxewm said:
She looks good and should give you 4 or 5 more babies. Good purchase!!

Nice writeup you had in the TLBAA Journal too. What's it like to be famous? :D

Thanks! I also have 2 articles in 2 issues of the ITLA Drover this year.

Guess it's a good ego trip...lol...to get published.

Running Arrow Bill":anfswauh said:
Guess it's a good ego trip...lol...to get published.

They picked you for a reason RAB. Don't kid yourself. (Don't think that we don't watch LH discussion just because we don't join in either)

Latest posts