New line of Maternity Western Wear - Need your help!

Help Support CattleToday:

Rylee

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I read post on CattleToday all of the time, and I finally registered as a user - this is not spam.

I am a stay at home mom on our ranch here in Nebraska, and I have started a company specializing in maternity wear for women, as well as diaper bags and other accessories... But I need imput.

I am starting with 1 pair of good work quality jeans, with much of the fit of cruel girl. They will have the elastic band only in the front, belt loops all the way around. I am trying to devise a way to wear my belt buckle on these. I can either:

1) Make a stretchy elastic belt that has concho's to spruce it up, or

2) lay a brown leather "belt" into the waistband that will give the illusion of a belt without any discomfort, and attach the belt buckle directly to a special loop in the front of the jeans.

I am coming out with two white long sleeved tee shirts for winter - hope to have them on the market by Oct 25th.

Please let me know what you are interested in or would like to see ladies!

Thank you very much ~ Have a great day!

Rylee

I never wore anything tucked in when I was carrying. I can't imagine anyone tucking in so I wouldn't worry too much about that. The pants that were the most comfortable for me had elastic all the way around and had snaps on the sides. Seems like the side ones were adjustable, can't remember.

My preference between your two choices is #2. I don't understand how it will work though since the leather won't stretch(comfortably).

I do think that designing maternity western wear is great. IMO, I would think you would want to focus more on the shirts and what the legs of the jeans look like.

Thank you for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

As far as shirts go, what would you be interested in seeing? I am planning to make cute tee shirts similar to 2chix and crybaby but with a western flare. I am also looking at using the same tee shirt material and designing a pull on shirt that looks like a button up - with a collar, yokes and cuffs overlayed onto it. it would be super stretchy with no bulging buttons.

As far as jeans go, I have started on these already. They have much of the shape of the older Cruel Girls with boot cut bottoms (before they went with flared legs), with the elastic wasteband also covered in denim(i had a pair like this, but they were baggy legged) belt loops, and rivets... so they look like actual western jeans.

Thanks again!

I got a mess of "Plus Size" gals that look like they're experiencing pregnancy, but are really Dry.With Winter just around the corner, I was wondering if you have a website I could do some shopping on? The skimpier the better.Also, do you make thongs?

Crowderfarms":hw0iplg0 said:
I got a mess of "Plus Size" gals that look like they're experiencing pregnancy, but are really Dry.With Winter just around the corner, I was wondering if you have a website I could do some shopping on? The skimpier the better.Also, do you make thongs?

I didn't know you were a cross dresser too.:shock: I might have to rethink my presidential vote. ;-)

Walt

Rylee":r8q9ygxc said:
Thank you for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

As far as shirts go, what would you be interested in seeing? I am planning to make cute tee shirts similar to 2chix and crybaby but with a western flare. I am also looking at using the same tee shirt material and designing a pull on shirt that looks like a button up - with a collar, yokes and cuffs overlayed onto it. it would be super stretchy with no bulging buttons.

As far as jeans go, I have started on these already. They have much of the shape of the older Cruel Girls with boot cut bottoms (before they went with flared legs), with the elastic wasteband also covered in denim(i had a pair like this, but they were baggy legged) belt loops, and rivets... so they look like actual western jeans.

Thanks again!

I am not into fashion type things. I want comfortable and cute. Maybe some of the younger girls would help out here. Some of the things I see expectant mothers wearing today I wouldn't have dreamed of wearing so I would not the best one to answer.

It does sound like you know what you are doing and what you described sounds good.

I thought of something that would be cute. If you could put pictures of mama's and their babies. Ones that make you go ahhhh cute. Say a mama horse and her colt, maybe the mama touching her nose to the baby or vice versa. Mama's loving the babies type of thing.

Crowderfarms":mdl6pbre said:

Crowder, keep your wimmens off this thread, the girl is just trying to make a living and getting her involved with them is not gonna make her any money. ;-)

Gate Opener":20kkqcko said:
I thought of something that would be cute. If you could put pictures of mama's and their babies. Ones that make you go ahhhh cute. Say a mama horse and her colt, maybe the mama touching her nose to the baby or vice versa. Mama's loving the babies type of thing.

Oh Gate Opener, you're so sensitive... How's this one?

fathat154.jpg

Crowderfarms":1a379sbe said:
Gate Opener":1a379sbe said:

Oh Gate Opener, you're so sensitive... How's this one?

fathat154.jpg

Crowder, where? Where do you find these photos? Are you a closet chubby chaser? :lol: :shock:

I have never seen so much shiny underwear material in one place since I was a counselor at the fat camp. (That's cheerleading camp around here...)

Lammie":1ohd68xv said:
Crowder, where? Where do you find these photos? Are you a closet chubby chaser? :lol: :shock:

I have never seen so much shiny underwear material in one place since I was a counselor at the fat camp. (That's cheerleading camp around here...)

Good one Lammie :lol2: I just feel so bad for you Rylee. Here you are just asking a few simple questions and you get Crowjacked. That term would refer to Crowder and pals taking over your thread and turning it into something revolting :roll: Usually has something to do with his "wimmens". Trust me the others will be here soon and you will know who they are very quickly! ;-)

Good Luck on the new business Rylee

I want to thank those of you who have given honest tips on this!

It is really important to me - I starting working on the idea 2 years ago when I was pregnant with our first child. It is just so hard to find clothing for a cowgirl that is from this century :shock:

My theme: Repopulating the West!

Real good idea.. Not that I have any use for it now,but something I'd like to see.
If it'd been avaliable then,I'd have worn it..

Crowderfarms":29rja8fe said:

Why thongs? Seems like they would get lost in all that flesh! (Sounds of heavy breathing)

MistyMorning":c3hnqz8m said:
Crowderfarms":c3hnqz8m said:

Crowder, keep your wimmens off this thread, the girl is just trying to make a living and getting her involved with them is not gonna make her any money. ;-)

Well, Rylee could invest in Pillsbury or Gladiola flour to make a little extra change. I'm sure Crowder goes through at least 5 lbs a day with these wimmens.

Earl Thigpen":17zc0orq said:
MistyMorning":17zc0orq said:
Crowderfarms":17zc0orq said:

Well, Rylee could invest in Pillsbury or Gladiola flour to make a little extra change. I'm sure Crowder goes through at least 5 lbs a day with these wimmens.

Pillsbury or Gladiola flour are probably cheaper than corn at these prices. Wonder why Crowder gets such a good conversion factor on them wimmmmins's of his?

Latest posts