New Law

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Texas is requireing all certified teachers to be finger printed, have to drive the wife to Lufkin tomorrow.
I can understand some of the reasoning. They want to make sure no sex offenders are teaching our kids. We have a lot more drug heads in our schools.But if we are going to subject the teachers to this. Then they should open the little crack heads and gangster wantbee's records and they should be removed from our schools. Be easier to identify the teachers when one of them goes on a spree.

All teachers, fireman and everyone else including the president, that are getting paid with tax payers dollars should have to take a drug test also. Same goes for people on welfare, food stamps or anyone else getting public funds. I don't want my tax dollars going to dope heads or illegal immigrants.

highgrit":1x5gs473 said:
All teachers, fireman and everyone else including the president, that are getting paid with tax payers dollars should have to take a drug test also. Same goes for people on welfare, food stamps or anyone else getting public funds. I don't want my tax dollars going to dope heads or illegal immigrants.

I think every student needs to be screened for dope, drug test before they can go to school. Parents have to pay for it or little Johnny doesn't go and thats every year.

Red Bull Breeder":zkpfift0 said:
All this in the land of the free.

The teachers today have no rights or protection's from the little druggie's.
The parent is screaming not my baby and a high percentage of them are on dope and a Lone Star card. I listed parent cause the baby daddy is not always active in the childs development after conception.
Or better yet lets just shut the school system completely down, save a lot in taxes, let the parents that want there children educated pay for private education, those that don't can waste it on crack. Make you think about having a kid if you were a responsible parent and were going to have to spend an addtional 20 grand a year to educate. The leaches on society can continue breeding like rats sitting on the porch smoking dope.

Caustic Burno":2tpj4o0y said:
The leaches on society can continue breeding like rats sitting on the porch smoking dope.

One of our local drug dealers just died of a heart attack. He had 27 children two of which were born the same day in seperate hospitals. His chilren pretty much all needed special ed teachers and extra help to keep them in line. We might as well reserve 27 beds in prison as well. Child may not have a choice in being born but we as a people shouldn't give the sorry parents the means to allow them to breed like rabbits. Stupidity should be painful.

Red Bull Breeder":6ovynb3r said:
Those teachers may not have rights but they got a choice. Kid doesn't have any choice in being born.

Your right on the child not having any choice. But why as society should we have to pay to support the attitudes and lifestyles that produce them. There has always been a few bad apples, the wagon is overloaded and the mule is in the ditch now. That has been the problem all along we have said never mind the mule just load the wagon.
Now we graduate an alarming number of kids that can't read, they are in school so the district can collect its Federal money that is based on attendance and not performance. That's why the wife quit after being attacked in 94/95 . Now she substitutes elementry for her teacher friends from church.

Red Bull Breeder":2gg0kz7i said:
Those teachers may not have rights but they got a choice. Kid doesn't have any choice in being born.
Ever tried to fire a poor teacher? Almost impossible. Got a daughter that is a teacher but was watching a program the other day that said 90% of teachers come from the bottom 10% of graduating classes..... if that's a fact then it's alarming. Nothing to do with dope.

Caustic Burno":1otez1u6 said:
Red Bull Breeder":1otez1u6 said:
All this in the land of the free.

The teachers today have no rights or protection's from the little druggie's.
The parent is screaming not my baby and a high percentage of them are on dope and a Lone Star card. I listed parent cause the baby daddy is not always active in the childs development after conception.
Or better yet lets just shut the school system completely down, save a lot in taxes, let the parents that want there children educated pay for private education, those that don't can waste it on crack. Make you think about having a kid if you were a responsible parent and were going to have to spend an addtional 20 grand a year to educate. The leaches on society can continue breeding like rats sitting on the porch smoking dope.

This is one of many reasons that homeschooling is exploding. I wouldn't trust the public school system for one second.

A lot of good post on here. We chose private school. The thing about private schools is that they have more like minded parents footing the bill.

Edit. I think teaching is a noble profession. I can count 5 great aunts as public school teachers. They were well compensated and had better raised kids to deal with. GA has one of the worst records when you look at the education system before college.

Wewild":2zhr2up8 said:
A lot of good post on here. We chose private school. The thing about private schools is that they have more like minded parents footing the bill.
Well our girls went to parochail school and I for one feel they definitely were much more prepared for college than their friends from the public school and they showed it in college.

TexasBred":2lclh072 said:
Well our girls went to parochail school and I for one feel they definitely were much more prepared for college than their friends from the public school and they showed it in college.

I think the difference comes in the parents requirement of the children which leads to conformance and then the school doesn't have to dumb it down to the lowest excepted level.

I'm not sure when that fingerprint and background check went into play here in LA. My wife has been teaching here 9 yrs. and it was in effect then. Guess we didn't think of it as a big deal, I have drug tests at work randomly or after an accident. I work for the day I can put my name on the sign out front, trouble is I may not be motivated to open the door some days, LOL. Really, I don't mind following the rules, but some are a little goofy. My wife can't be facebook friends with school kids, but I guess I can. The problem is growing government and they call it creating jobs, even though I know my wife is one of them. She's pretty savvy, I'm sure she would make it doing something else if she had too. Thing is, she liked the schedule to rotate easily with the kids. Everything has its pros and cons. Even cattle, huh? Ya'll have a good one, Dan. :)

This an easy problem to solve privatize the school system you pay for your kids to go, same thing with the fire dept and police. You don't pay your fee they don't show up when needed. Do away with the tax base, those that pay recieve service those that don't oh well. My problem is we treat the teacher like a criminal and the school is full of them. The three most important profession in our society are the police to provide law, fire for emergency, and teachers to educate the citizenship that will be running our society.

While you are adding to the list of folks who need drug testing, add state employees. I worked for the state and no one did a pre employment drug screen on me. Seemed strange. Nor did I have a drug test to work at the school. I did have to get fingerprinted and background checked. If you drive a bus you get screened and randomed.

I'm not for the whole random drug testing thing. I just seems to get into the whole privacy violation thing. Now, if you get hurt at work, that's another thing. Especially if it's doing something stupid. We had to drug test after injuries, but in all honesty, if someone scratches you, and this happened all the time working with the folks I worked with, it seemed like a waste of resources to have to get tested. Maybe for something you caught from the one who scratched you... Now, if you fall off a chair, then by all means, test that person.

I've fallen off a chair before... I was clean, though! Just uncoordinated.

It is a HUGE cost to screen every student. School districts just don't have that sort of money. Kids in UIL get screened all the time. And the big stink about student athletes on steroids, well that was a scam. Hardly anyone tested came out positive for that.

I had a bad experience with authoritarian solutions back in '68. A priest/teacher at my school was a mental case. A very controlling type person. Disciplinarian.
We got to play basketball at lunchtime. One day, the doors to the gym suddenly clicked shut. He ordered us guys in the gym to line up on the edges of the court and empty our pockets at our feet. Contraband in this case was cigarettes. I had nothing to fear--I never smoked until I was out of HS, but I felt first hand why unreasonable searches got into the bill of rights.
If schools are going to run dogs through and sniff every locker we should also sniff the teacher's lounge and test the Superintendant and all the staff.
I say test when there is cause for suspicion, aka probable cause. Mandatory tests just encourage the industry that helps folks pass tests.

In Dallas, they have found drugs in teachers' cars.

We had a drug dog here, but it was funded with grant money and it ran out. Nothing struck fear in the hearts of stoners like seeing that black lab wandering the building and parking lot.

I, personally, don't care what people do in their homes. Just don't do it at work. We had an incident in the area last year where a bus driver had a wreck and was still under the influence from the night before. He'd been drinking. He was also a teacher. Ended that. His certification got yanked.

Latest posts