New info on Paris salebarn

Help Support CattleToday:

MtnCows93":3hj5bh0s said:
having 2 sales the same day would probly drive prices down anyway

Where I am, there are at least 4 places within 50 miles or so of each other that have sales on Saturdays. Another does sales on Tuesdays.

MtnCows93":13emv6zy said:
having 2 sales the same day would probly drive prices down anyway
Back in the day when Jacksonville and Tri-County were both going head to head 12 miles apart on Saturdays, one sold the calves first and the other sold the cows first. Calf buyers would leave as soon as the could get checked out and head to the other sale.

MtnCows93":2douye8a said:
Does it effect the prices? I figured less buyers at each sale would be bad

No, not really. A couple of the places bring better prices than the others.

One of them brings better prices for Holsteins than the others. This same one will also bring better prices on goats and hogs. Another one, the prices aren't that great, mainly because the facility itself is a bit of a hole. Two of them, the prices are comparable, not much of a difference.

well thats good! theres 3 sales near me monday, tuesday and wednesday, the biggest one always brings more than the others

I had heard a couple of weeks ago that the man had instructed his nephews to open it. This week I heard that the barn is for sale. Who knows?

Looks like all construction has stopped. We drove by it the other day and no construction equipment was working or even there. Looks abandoned... So sad, it was going to be quite the facility..

Latest posts