New batch

Help Support CattleToday:

I can see you are a "man of vision" as Captain Call said. Taking a mix of #1's and 1 1/2's that will all be #1's when ready to go to the feedyard at 800 to 900 lbs. Good job of putting the together.

I can see you are a "man of vision" as Captain Call said. Taking a mix of #1's and 1 1/2's that will all be #1's when ready to go to the feedyard at 800 to 900 lbs. Good job of putting the together.
Thanks, that's the plan. I just try to make sure price I pay matches value and those 1 1/2s often seem below their value. There are certainly some plainer ones that I hope can upgrade with some feed.

20230519_201237.jpg

20230519_201204.jpg

Might be a dairy cross here, oops!
20230519_201108.jpg

Very nice! Calves are so high right now its crazy.

You'll have to let us know how it turns out for ya. I've bought a couple to graze since selling a few cows off due to drought. I'd a liked to buy back cows but I think this is better.

Very nice! Calves are so high right now its crazy.

You'll have to let us know how it turns out for ya. I've bought a couple to graze since selling a few cows off due to drought. I'd a liked to buy back cows but I think this is better.
One thing about calves is that it can sometimes pay to feed them through a drought. As long they gain weight, they are appreciating.

One thing about calves is that it can sometimes pay to feed them through a drought. As long they gain weight, they are appreciating.
That's kinda my thoughts as well. And I wont get attached to em like I do my good cows.
It was hard to sell perfectly fine cows.
Calves bought to grow and re-sell fulfil the intended purpose.

I did buy a couple pairs tho. With the intent to re-sell. They gotta go this fall. Cow and calf!