new holland workmaster 50 or Mahindra 2555?

Help Support CattleToday:

kenojoe

Reaction score
I have been looking at both and would like opinions. Both 4wd w/loader no cab. The large front tires on the 50 make me wonder about the turning radius (dealer couldn't find it). Why are the tires so big on New Holland? I like the Mahindra but have seen a few stories about deal/service issues. New Holland is close and trusted. Mahindra 2555 with loader and shuttle shift is about $25,300. The Workmaster w/loader rear tires filled and delivered is about $26.500. I like both tractors but would like some input. Has anyone had experience with either one? Thanks for any advice.

kenojoe":3p4gakkk said:
I have been looking at both and would like opinions. Both 4wd w/loader no cab. The large front tires on the 50 make me wonder about the turning radius (dealer couldn't find it). Why are the tires so big on New Holland? I like the Mahindra but have seen a few stories about deal/service issues. New Holland is close and trusted. Mahindra 2555 with loader and shuttle shift is about $25,300. The Workmaster w/loader rear tires filled and delivered is about $26.500. I like both tractors but would like some input. Has anyone had experience with either one? Thanks for any advice.
I have a TT New Holland 60 that became the workmaster the neighbor bought one in 45 hp couple of years ago. I haven't had one minutes problem mine is an 07 and his is a 10 or 11 him either.
That said everything breaks down sooner or later it gets down to parts availability. I don't have anything bad to say about mahindra never owned one. I have stayed with Ford, Massey, NH or Kubota.

I bought a NH WM 55 4wd w/loader in 2014 and I have loved it. It does everything I need it to do, I put up around 50-60 acres of hay throughout the summer and I use it to mow ( Fella 5ft disc mower) and bale ( Vermeer Rebel 5420). I was torn between New Holland or Kubota when I purchased mine, it really came down to financing options. But I couldn't be happier with my NH. I did have to tighten all the hose clamps after a few hours of operation I noticed the coolant leaking. I'm not sure if this was just a fluke with mine or if they all work loose after some time. Hope this helps.

I've got a Mahindra 4035 with a loader. I bought it 4 years old with around 100 hours on it. It's got about 445 now. No problems other than I had to put a battery in it. It's my firewood hauling, manure loading, hay raking and Brillion seeder pulling tractor. For me, it's a perfect size for a 40 hp tractor.

Maybe Mahindra is better now but the fit and finish on mine is years behind my Kubotas and Deeres. The frame on the Mahindra looks like some kids painted it in high school.

Latest posts