New Herd Bull If all Goes Well

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
OK! Unload on this bull. Tell me your culling points. So, here we go........
SpurSuccessNov.jpg

He looks ok to me. Maybe a bit of a pretty boy. does he open the gate for the ladies?

Looks good to me hehe.

He should lose a bit of fat once he starts working? He looks like he's "well" fed and not forced to do much work hehe.

Too fleshy. Looks like he was pampered. The ladies will work that off him though.

Other than that, a pretty darn good looking herd sire prospect.

I'll buy half of him and I want to use him to breed fall calvers you can have him for spring calvers!! Deal?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

hard to tell... picture is on the dark side of him and cant see any definition.

I NEVER would have guessed that he was a 1407 son. Awesome EPDs. Looks like he'll add a little frame to his offspring (YH +1.3).

have you bought him or just looked at him?

he has a lot of impressive numbers. the YH is a little scary, but other than that, he is quite impressive.

Aero, I wish I could afford him, but he is way out of my league. Now I can afford a straw! I do have a heifer out of him though. I was just trying to get a few people stirred up to see if they would bite. ORIgen sells straws to the bull. The heifer we have out of him is going to be tall. The bull's back was between 5.5' and 6'. He was a big joker!! He was gentle too. Even though it was a little dark that day with the rain and all, I don't belive I could have taken a picture that would make him look bad.

be careful witht he tall cows... feed costs for a 2000 lb cow are pretty high compared to a 1200 lb cow that makes the same calf.

Aero":i7i2lc92 said:
be careful witht he tall cows... feed costs for a 2000 lb cow are pretty high compared to a 1200 lb cow that makes the same calf.

Assuming she can make the same calf.

Latest posts