NEW Help me out here

Help Support CattleToday:

mjpfarms

Reaction score
okay short stroy highschool friend and i are getting into cows. At the moment we have 9 bottle jersesy 5 Holstines on buckets and 10 Jerseseys off milk and on grain an hay. The farm stead they are staying on the lady is horried. never ever raised a cow to feed out or sell like we are. she knows everything about anything. ( a very onery horried lady)

Well this morning I got told im feeding them wrong....we are having them at the feed mill mix the feed. Well i they ask the size and we told them we have two different size groups so he gave us a general mix for them all. okay so at the moment the big jerserys are on 2 five gallon buckets morning and night and all the grass hay they want. Do i need to increase the grain? or change the Feed they are getting. We are planning on eating the jerseys and Holstines.

Anyone out there share the information with me well us his mom and dad used to milk them so that was many moons ago.
also what vaccinations do they need.
Thanks so much im open to adice pointers home feeding mixtures anything just to make sure we are on the right track

Other than the dairy breeds you'll be alright worm'm all so they don't pass'm back and forth' ,and get them some good minerals , don't mess with blocks there all salt.

Latest posts