New Heifer Purchase

Help Support CattleToday:

hereford_jock

Reaction score
She's a King Ten granddaughter out of a 8 year old battle bred cow. Bottom side goes back to Explosion as well. Reg. http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... 2&9=5E5D5A

Tell me what you think!

DSC_0068.jpg

I think you've done good, very long bodied, very unique pedigree, I'm sure WLM would have loved to get his hands on her. To be very picky she could have been a touch deeper, but still a heifer that has the potential to build a herd on.

well idk who WLM is but we are setting up a flush...so thats always an option. I think you really got to love how clean fronted this heifer is and i love that neck extention she has.

hereford_jock":oy8qvdch said:
well idk who WLM is but we are setting up a flush...so thats always an option. I think you really got to love how clean fronted this heifer is and i love that neck extention she has.

Wichita Line man, however he spells that.

She has that showring character, in my opinion you are a little hasty to flush her, but then I can understand that there aren't very many K10 granddaughters around and you've got to play it safe in order to keep the line going.

Why not double up the K10 and go with Achiever?

Knersie is very high on an Achiever son that I posted a week or so ago. Of course, I am not sure on his semen availability. The company refuses to return emails. I have sent three and I am too stubborn to call them on the phone!

I'd like to hear (edited: It's hear, not here!) Knersie's and USHereford's thoughts as well.

Here is a good one: Talk to H76 about his RC Mishief semen.

hereford_jock":15ab3gvy said:
What about Explosion?

If you want to double up on any genetics, I'd stick with the topline. The Achiever son, DR 8403 Starbuck 19H would be a good choice in my opinion without breeding too closely.

If you want to outcross and you don't mind using genetics from the "dark side" WLB Global would compliment her very nicely phenotypically.

If you did that, wouldn't you be very close to breeding another GK Genetic Explosion (Breeding Explosion to a King Ten daughter)?

Kevin Schultz has a bull named SHF Style, he might be a good choice to breed her to. He is an Explosion out of Governess J119. He went out to Denver with Kevin, and in my opinion he was a heck of a calf. I do not know if kevin has any semen on the bull or not.

oakcreekfarms":18jcc6s6 said:
Kevin Schultz has a bull named SHF Style, he might be a good choice to breed her to. He is an Explosion out of Governess J119. He went out to Denver with Kevin, and in my opinion he was a heck of a calf. I do not know if kevin has any semen on the bull or not.

That bull was actually a son of the "Mr. T" bull, GK Explosion 412T, who was an Explosion son. His full name was SHF STYLE 412T S07 ET

You're right, he was a heck of a calf - and he made a heck of a good looking bull. Kevin Stork of New Richmond, WI owns him - and I know he has collected him. He e-mails me about once a year trying to get me to buy the bull from him.

Pictured as a calf:
SHFSTYLE.jpg

You probably didn't remember you still had that picture in your photobucket acct., did you Matt?

Here are the last photos I got of Style about 15 months ago.
herfbull2_1_.jpg

George

WichitaLineMan":a1wvfq6q said:
Why not double up the K10 and go with Achiever?

Knersie is very high on an Achiever son that I posted a week or so ago. Of course, I am not sure on his semen availability. The company refuses to return emails. I have sent three and I am too stubborn to call them on the phone!

I'd like to hear (edited: It's hear, not here!) Knersie's and USHereford's thoughts as well.

Here is a good one: Talk to H76 about his RC Mishief semen.

good one! trying to get a rise out of me or something

KNERSIE":2b0wxtkn said:
hereford_jock":2b0wxtkn said:

Wichita Line man, however he spells that.

Wichita Lineman

[youtube]4qoymGCDYzU[/youtube]

WLM, you forgot the BLACK hat!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CIZgjhRCNHs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CIZgjhRCNHs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

:tiphat: :cboy: :cowboy:

Sorry, I thought we were talking about the 412T bull, should have read through better. I actually didn't remember having the picture, I believe Kevin might have brought him back to use in his herd. I would have to check on that for sure though. He looks even better in those older pics than he did as a calf. I think he might be a good outcross for me to use as well, he also keeps that Governor in there, which I love.

oakcreekfarms":30vy557y said:
Sorry, I thought we were talking about the 412T bull, should have read through better. I actually didn't remember having the picture, I believe Kevin might have brought him back to use in his herd. I would have to check on that for sure though. He looks even better in those older pics than he did as a calf. I think he might be a good outcross for me to use as well, he also keeps that Governor in there, which I love.

Interesting that Kevin Schultz might have brought him back. He definitely has something to offer as a herd bull. That calf photo never did him full justice. Kevin (Schultz) sent me a video that showed all the bulls he took to Denver that year and Style was the standout.

George

Latest posts