New Experience

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I bought a bull sight unseen except for a 40 second video clip. I have never done that before. This will be a new experience. He was a bull that was scratched from the Seedstock Plus sale a couple weeks ago for a limp. He has since recovered so I purchased him private treaty. The good thing is that I get free delivery and if I don't like him upon delivery I don't have to take him. He has a decent EPD profile and a strong pedigree. I wish he were a bit older than his 13 months but I can deal with that. He will get to meet some pretty heifers upon his arrival so he should be a happy camper.

We bought our GV bull sight unseen (in my avatar pic)... we had our SH bull go bad on us and we told the manager of our sale barn to find us a good bull.. worked great for us, we sure liked him. Hopefully he'll work out for you too

We purchased a bull from a video clip back in 2010.

We have used him since 2011 we now have daughters in production they are deep soggy females with beautiful udders the bull calves are customer favorites. I hope you are as happy with your new addition as we have been with ours.

Gizmom

Good on ya Hoss. If that's the bull I think it is you paid a good price for a lotta bull. I know he did not come cheap and I admire you for making the investment.

714?

Hoss we will all be waiting on pictures of your new bull, I know we always get excited when we are waiting on a new herd addition.

Scott,

The bull is Sinclair Rito 9R9 registration 16352504 we purchased him as a yearling in their Feburary sale they shipped him to Florida. We held him over to get him acclimated to Florida he went to work in January of 2011. He is a very aggressive breeder he had a 40 SC at a year old. We were looking for a bull at the time to add RR Rito 707 into our herd. He wasn't our first pick but he was on our list and our wallet wasn't deep enough to get the two we had selected ahead of him. He is very easy fleshing and transmits that to his progeny.

Gizmom

gizmom":2ml9qkq0 said:
We have used him since 2011 we now have daughters in production they are deep soggy females with beautiful udders the bull calves are customer favorites.Gizmom

I've seen the term "soggy" used a few times describing cattle, but don't know what it means. Would you, or somebody, mind explaining? "Deep" I understand, but not "soggy". Maybe it's a regional term, or fairly new?

What I call soggy some folks would say the cow has plenty of capacity or spring of rib, I have been calling it soggy for years just the term I use. Bottom line plenty of room to carry a calf and still have room for groceries.

This is a picture of a BC Matrix daughter we are planning to flush her this year just a nice cow beautiful udder long deep and soggy. This photo taken three weeks after calving.

This is a three year old that has the look I like I would call her soggy. Oops this is actually a two year old my bad.

gizmom

3waycross":ao5ghe5s said:
Good on ya Hoss. If that's the bull I think it is you paid a good price for a lotta bull. I know he did not come cheap and I admire you for making the investment.

714?

I wish it were Vic. They would not tell me why 714 was scratched.

HOSS":ph4rb1v9 said:
I bought a bull sight unseen except for a 40 second video clip. I have never done that before. This will be a new experience. He was a bull that was scratched from the Seedstock Plus sale a couple weeks ago for a limp. He has since recovered so I purchased him private treaty. The good thing is that I get free delivery and if I don't like him upon delivery I don't have to take him. He has a decent EPD profile and a strong pedigree. I wish he were a bit older than his 13 months but I can deal with that. He will get to meet some pretty heifers upon his arrival so he should be a happy camper.

I bought that bull of mine @ 14 months olds and bred all that were open that would breed. Even some big females, I wonder how he got up there. Good luck with the Bull

I took delivery of the bull today. I'm pretty happy with him. He is a young'un but looks great. Very gentle. Just walked off the trailer like he had been there for years. I'll get pics at first opportunity when he settles in.

Bought my current bull with only seeing pics and a friend of a friend looking at him. Breeder told me I didn't like him they would not unload him, worked out ok.

I'm glad it worked out for you. I don't think that I'm ever going to buy/lease a bull without seeing him in person again. I may have to eat crow on that, but this year has been a learning experience.

Latest posts