New colts first day out (5 pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Colt is 5 days old and we had good enough weather to turn out for the afternoon for the first time.... mom was ready!

IMG_0329.jpg

What's the first thing mom did?

IMG_0330.jpg

Felt so good the first time why not?

IMG_0331.jpg

Please don't run him through the fence!

IMG_0332.jpg

And back again

IMG_0333.jpg

Thanks all, young ones are fun :D

Alan

Cute colt, Alan, it's hard to beat the enjoyment of watching young ones run, play, and explore! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Alan, I've been waiting for these. Love watching the first outing, they both look healthy and beautiful, happy too. You have reason to be proud!

Great pictures Alan. Any thoughts on namig him IDIOT II ? :lol:

Just kidding , I love my Idiot. I just like the challenge he gives me.

He is so cute! How do you estimate his adult height? What do you expect?

Thank you for sharing.

CULL - - Bad Head - Bad Legs - Look at that Bad Back - your really going to let some thing like that be seen on your Farm :( - - You should have posted the pictures with the burrow being loading in the trailer.

I bet I can sneek him out you back gate just to Help You Out :) :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)

I'd :heart: to :help:

Hope you know I'm Just Jockin

RebelCritter":2tulv199 said:
He is so cute! How do you estimate his adult height? What do you expect?

Thank you for sharing.

Seems like I use to knew a method to determine height, but can't recall it. He's a pretty big foal, mom's a big 15.2 and dad is 15.1, I believe, the colt should go 15.1 or 2.

Thanks,
Alan

Old Dog/New Tricks":1z60n8mj said:
CULL - - Bad Head - Bad Legs - Look at that Bad Back - your really going to let some thing like that be seen on your Farm :( - - You should have posted the pictures with the burrow being loading in the trailer.

I bet I can sneek him out you back gate just to Help You Out :) :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)

ODNT,

I just came back up from shooting him after I read your post, I read it again and saw your last line on jockin..... do you know how to remove lead from an ear? :D

No, I think I'll keep him.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan":1m40uwl8 said:
Old Dog/New Tricks":1m40uwl8 said:

ODNT,

I just came back up from shooting him after I read your post, I read it again and saw your last line on jockin..... do you know how to remove lead from an ear? :D

No, I think I'll keep him.

Thanks,
Alan

We were over to a Gentelman Farmer friends Ranch - He had a super nice bull - - injest my friend Bob and I were JOKING about his U-GUuLY Bull - - when we went back for dinner - l a couple weeking later I was looking around and asked - "Where's Your Bull?"
We Just ate him :!:
What - You killed that nice bull :???:
You guys said....
We were joking :roll:

:idea: I learned - always make sure they know your JOKING :help:'s

Latest posts