Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
lets see some fall calves.

Hey Mommmmmm,
Look what i can do!
Picture133.jpg

brand spankin new and invisible in pine straw

now that calf is just to cute.leaning how to walk w/o falling down.dont look like he is more than 3hrs old.scott

calves learning to walk are funny, when monty my bottle fed calf realised he could walk hes like "Yeh, this is easy" and tried bucks and running and would just fall over all the time, afterwards looking disgusted with himself. lol. Its hilareous though.

Dvperez81":3ks52zzr said:
f2a3.jpg

this is one of last years . I wont have any recent pics until after january . :(

Sure as hell wouldn't suprise me if there was no recent pics of him cause he turned up dead. Why in the hell would someone post a picture of a calf THAT horribly emancipated. WAKE UP!!!!!
Don't you see that calf is on it's death bed? Instead of taking pictures you should have been either giving it a lead bolus or feeding the poor little thing. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Muratic":3ekyxfmh said:
Dvperez81":3ekyxfmh said:
f2a3.jpg

this is one of last years . I wont have any recent pics until after january . :(

Sure as hell wouldn't suprise me if there was no recent pics of him cause he turned up dead. Why in the hell would someone post a picture of a calf THAT horribly emancipated. WAKE UP!!!!!
Don't you see that calf is on it's death bed? Instead of taking pictures you should have been either giving it a lead bolus or feeding the poor little thing. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

actually that calf isnt dead , its very alive . yea it looks thin couple of hours being born maybe a day at most . havent lost a calf yet . full grown yes to snake bites but no calfs .

my new calf in the pic looks like an ethiopian as well.
(no offense to any ethiopians reading)

Beefy":c8r3j8yx said:
my new calf in the pic looks like an ethiopian as well.
(no offense to any ethiopians reading)
:lol: the only feed that my cattle get is brizantha grass grows in huge amounts all year long. I did have to go thru a rought drought this year but now my waterholes are over flooded. and yes the calf is alive I know so its hard to keep track of them but like i mentioned the only ones that have died are full grown cattle due to snake bites I lost 10 this year so far.

10 lost this year? Is this the ranch in South America? Or was it Central America?

i didnt know snakes could penetrate them thick hided brahmans. figured they'd just sorta bounce off like them skeeters do.

dj":2gmv3uqb said:
10 lost this year? Is this the ranch in South America? Or was it Central America?
central
its in the northen part of guatemala . Jungle area . anyone seen survivor guatemala yet?? well were my cattle are at its west of where they filmed the show towards mexico. I forget the name of the snake but over there they call it yellow bearded. its similar to the rattle snake but its green nice fangs about 1 inch in lenght . while in was down there in may the guys who work for me killed 5 of them about 5-6 feet long . they are usually coiled up hiding in the bush/shade if you get close to one he/she will let you know its there you can hear them hissing . origially when my dad brought the property it was all wooded some pasture . so far in 2 1/2 years they have killed 37 snakes same type/breed.

Beefy":3u1jv3wy said:
are you sure somebody didnt just sell them while you were gone?
nah cattle are too far away from anything . people are loyal to employers down there. and besides they need trucks to haul them out and that is usually during the dry season . its a small size town . everyone knows everyones bussiness . plus they lynch people who do anything bad take matters into their own hands .

i guess as nosey as brahmans are it makes sense that they might get bit by snakes more. 10 is a lot though.

Beefy":3k0n12kr said:
i guess as nosey as brahmans are it makes sense that they might get bit by snakes more. 10 is a lot though.

my godfather unfortunately last year lost 37 heifers . they kept the carcass after vultures took care of them . im gon a post pics of the snakes in a couple of min . maybe one of you can tell what kind it is .

snake2.jpg

snake1.jpg

Latest posts