New calf market

Help Support CattleToday:

angie":14bo21uf said:
However, as a display of a little "Mn nice" ~ I'm gonna let fb in on a deal. See, there's a herd to the north of me yet, that is being "reduced" at a significant discount (I'm thinking about.....oh....50-75% of the given weeks market value.:shock: What a deal!!). The thing is though, the Mn Dept of Animal Health has been paying "special attention" to this herd. Silly words like "quarentine" and "closed" floating around. But you know how over reactive the state can be. :roll: If loaded at night, and MM goes along as relief driver ~ I'm thinkng we could have them in his yard by the weekend! I'll even bring him some lutefisk! :cowboy:

;-) See ya soon fb :tiphat:

Now Angie, how many times have we told you folks up there your cattle couldn't survive down here. We don't groom them, we don't trim the hooves, wash them, or pet them. They have to eat whatever they can find, drink swamp water, live in 100+ degree weather, be immune to mosquitoes, and yet grade prime.

We would however expect you and MM to think these cows were a great deal. Lets face it you and MM just want a road trip so you can meet a REAL southern gentleman. :lol2:

flaboy":3c5s4tfu said:
3waycross":3c5s4tfu said:
Now if I could find me some good old northerners wanting some calves I would only mark them up 50-75%. :nod:

Not trying to pick a fight but, I am having a hard time making sense of this. Why would you do that to someone because of where they come from? :?

With all due respect 3way, you can't even begin to comprehend the mess they have made down here in the last 20 years. If you did you wouldn't have to ask this.

Well unfortunately I understand your situation far better than you think. For years our part of Colo. was not much more than a summer destination for Texas and the midwest, and we were glad to have them. God knows we needed the money. However things started to change in the 80's and early 90's. We were invaded by our FRIENDS from the west. California. Hence the expression "Don't Californicate Colorado" well let me tell you we have been Californicated just about to death. Virtually all of Colo that's vertical and has a tree on it is covered with Trophy homes and not in the Valleys or on the lee side of a ridge where anybody with any sense would build a house, but right on top of the ridges where we can all appreciate their 6,000 sq ft excesses. They have come here not as friends but an invading horde, it's manifest destiny in reverse, have actually heard someone say they arrived just in time to save this place from US.

So here's what they have brought us;
Higher taxes of every kind.
Will NOT vote for a school bond because they have already raised their flaming LIBERAL spawn.
Their need to over-regulate everything.
Property values so high that my children after college cannot come back here to live and they both have professional degrees.
And their endless parade of Subaru's with "FREE TIBET" bumper stickers.

And so you see Fla, everybody's Ox is getting gored. I just choose to take the high road and not over charge them for stuff just because of where there from. And I do say this with no offense meant to you. I will say one thing in your defense. We just came back from a week in Florida(Englewood, Venice area). As miserable as the west coasters are they are a walk in the park compared to what you have to deal with, at least most of them are polite, your invaders are not.

3way, I haven't actually sold any to the yanks yet. I'm just saying if they want it, I will provide it to them for a price of course. :lol2:

flaboy":nm93qlre said:
3way, I haven't actually sold any to the yanks yet. I'm just saying if they want it, I will provide it to them for a price of course. :lol2:

Then sell em those good panko'd ones and tell em they're potbellied cows, and very valuable. Maybe you can start a new fad with the newly retired in Fla, a potbellied cow in erevy back yard for weed control , tell them it's part of the green movement

Central Fl Cracker":1iraprz5 said:
flaboy
Did you open up a B & B or is this a joke?

It depends on what she looks like and Hardee's has breakfast starting at 6 AM.
Sorry Flaboy had to do it. :lol:

Central Fl Cracker":epbm6tjb said:
flaboy
Did you open up a B & B or is this a joke?

Well it was Crowders idea. He told me to open one for his Big & Bodacious wimmins. I have breakfast catered every morning from Hardee's and keep the fork lift running to move the buffet around them as most of them can't move much. :lol2:

Caustic Burno":2ufh5m97 said:
There is a guy here that keeps a few Cornetes(sp) that the ropers pay pretty good for, takes a heck of a hit on the left overs.

Back thrity years ago, my husband bought a whole bunch of roping steers that were all beat up, fed them out and sold them for a good price, back then. That was how he paid for his first wife's engagement ring.

Looking back, maybe that was not a good thing.

Latest posts