New Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman":11v1zcho said:
RBB
I have came to the conclusion after pondering your new bull that he looks to me like he doesn't like Arkansas very well and would be better suited to a herd of Limi cross cows that I have just up the road
I think he needs a vacation to Missouri as he looks a little overwhelmed and unhappy in his surroundings down in your neck of the woods
I am thinking maybe them elk have got him confused a little and he would rather be where there isn't any
I will send a truck the first of the week to pick him up
AC
That bull would work good on the herd you are talking about. He would also do good on those ol black cows you have :lol:

jedstivers":3fg18j1a said:
Angus Cowman":3fg18j1a said:
RBB
I have came to the conclusion after pondering your new bull that he looks to me like he doesn't like Arkansas very well and would be better suited to a herd of Limi cross cows that I have just up the road
I think he needs a vacation to Missouri as he looks a little overwhelmed and unhappy in his surroundings down in your neck of the woods
I am thinking maybe them elk have got him confused a little and he would rather be where there isn't any
I will send a truck the first of the week to pick him up
AC
That bull would work good on the herd you are talking about.
I figured you would agree on him for that herd
He would also do good on those ol black cows you have :lol:
The only thing that might be able to improve on them perfect black cows might be a simmi but I am not too sure about that either because once you reach perfection it is hard to improve upon it :lol: :lol:

RBB. most likely he will be a easy fleshing bull, have had three Southern Cross sons in the past and they were always easy keeping bulls with moderate birth weight and good growth. All were used as terminal sires so I couldnt tell you anything about their maternal side.

Jed may need him worse than you AC, his calf crop is likely to be a little short useing that bull you got him. The folks i got him from got more i am sure. I am sure he will like Arkansas just fine in about 15 days or so. I am pretty sure he wouldn't care for them skinny butted black cow. He is a big butted red cow bull.

Houston he is out of a polled son of Harvest Olympus and a very good Southern Cross cow. Had one bred like like him a few years back that was a reallly good bull all the way around.

Red Bull Breeder":2vimdbdo said:
Jed may need him worse than you AC, his calf crop is likely to be a little short useing that bull you got him. The folks i got him from got more i am sure. I am sure he will like Arkansas just fine in about 15 days or so. I am pretty sure he wouldn't care for them skinny butted black cow. He is a big butted red cow bull.
Houston he is out of a polled son of Harvest Olympus and a very good Southern Cross cow. Had one bred like like him a few years back that was a reallly good bull all the way around.
I was goona use him omn some Limi cross cows why would I want to mess up them PERFECT black cows ;-)

Red Bull Breeder":3hrjc2zp said:
That red bull would make them perfect black cows calves have butts like some of the Delta Queens down around Jeds.
Red BB, that was the reason I used Lemo years ago was to put a butt on my old ridge runner cattle. We would use angus in about 4 or5 years you would see them standing one a hill you would swear they had excaped from the bufflo ranch.

RBB, what his epds or registration number...Did the Southern Cross cow knock down that Oly Bw epd. Those Oly bulls are cow killers

Thank Alcowman.

Houston i owned a half brother to him a few years back had no problems what so ever. His Calves never weighed over 85 lb and most less.This one reg# is NFM1962960. He has a bw of 3.2. I owned his maternal grandmother the 548E cow.

That boy has the good fullblood bloodlines, a little weak in the scrotal and docility epds, but that can be got around mating to the proper animals... Good luck with him...I get back in the biz, I might have to come looking for a bull out of him.

Red Bull Breeder":1nwpno43 said:
Thats the problem with EPD'S Houston, he taped 38 cm. at yearling. His Docility numbers ain't so good, but he don't act a fool.

Exactly why you you can't only use EPDs to evaluate an animal.

EPDs are made up of data reported by a breeder. If you think all breeders are honest and accurate in reporting their data, then I have a bridge that I would like sell. It is in San Francisco CA.

It is a shame That someone is proud of his cattle. And puts a picture on here and some Dumb Ass has to cut it down I see so many J ASSes on here That I don't look very often. Bigest problem is they are to cheap to spend the money

bluegoose 1":1ojjhz01 said:
It is a shame That someone is proud of his cattle. And puts a picture on here and some Dumb Ass has to cut it down I see so many J ASSes on here That I don't look very often. Bigest problem is they are to cheap to spend the money
Who has cut this bull down
I haven't read where anyone posted anything bad about him yet

Where did you see the negative post bluegoose 1. Only one that got a even a little nasty was sim-angus- king, even he said nice bull. Rest of us was just a shooting bs. He is just another Limi bull, i have had some that i liked better and some that maybe wasn't as good. Don't really no just how good this one will be ain't seen no calves out of him yet, and thats was tells the story around here. Thanks for the look.

Keep him my brother used him i have heifers out of his daddy. Bred a cow today if she has a bull should be a nice one. She has a heifer calf out of the same bull right now that is nice.

Latest posts