New Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

BeefEater123

Reaction score
Got him this weekend. Thinking about using him over Brangus cows to make replacement heifers, but was wanting some other opinions. Let me know what y'all think. Thanks.

He's a nice bull, And this is where the location thing comes in again. Using him to make heifers in a northern climate, would be a disaster. In the gulf, would probably be ok, I think the admin got his ad money, and forgot where he came from.

He and his offspring will be staying in Florida, and I will try to get some pictures of the brangus later this week. I'm trying to get as much cotton picked as I can before the weather comes in.

ALACOWMAN said:
Got a decent looking dam ,do you have any pictures of your Brangus??

As promised here are some pictures of the brangus mommas and their calves. I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving and thanks for the likes.

Nice Bull. Would like to see more marbling in a Bull used for that purpose & that milk is lower than I'd want in my high desert environment. To me he's designed to put lbs on calves & not to make replacements but he looks good.

BeefEater123 said:
Got him this weekend. Thinking about using him over Brangus cows to make replacement heifers, but was wanting some other opinions. Let me know what y'all think. Thanks.

He looks good but I don't like the way he holds his head. High headed cattle often have poor temperament. May not be the case, but I passed on using his sire mostly due to his poor docility score.

I agree with Lazy M, the high head plus the docility EPD would make me wary of him. If he acts ok in the pen then he will be ok but calves might be a different story. He looks good other than that. Milk EPD bothers me for creating cows. (too low)

Latest posts