New Bull - Let er Rip! (Pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

edb130

Reaction score
Here is the new bull I picked up today. He will probably see very little use. But when I travel he will have to do the job instead of A.I. Let me know what you think.
DSC00904.jpg
DSC00908.jpg

I didn't have time to put information about him earlier. He is 15 months old. Birth Weight 79lbs Adjusted Weaning Weight 617 Adjusted Yearling Weight 1100.

I'd like to see some more pics of him, but from what I've seen thus far, your clean up bull is better than lots of herd bulls I've seen posted.

Be nice to see him a little smoother...looks a little open-shouldered...

Got any more pics?

That there bull has got to be off o feed for a time be fur i can give ya an honest answer on it. ifen ya dont mind id like ta see a photograph of em after hes been on grass a few months. ifen he can keep most o that beef on em i sure wouldent shoot em to fast. i might even give em a chance at some o my hereford cows. i wouldent think a man would want em to have a go at his hefiers. not with shoulders like that.

How can you possibly tell that the bull is open shouldered when he is standing like that. I am sure a mouse would look open shoulder if it was standing in such an awkward position.

Like the stifle on the bull.

ONLY-BEEF":2dbo17o6 said:
That there bull has got to be off o feed for a time be fur i can give ya an honest answer on it. ifen ya dont mind id like ta see a photograph of em after hes been on grass a few months. ifen he can keep most o that beef on em i sure wouldent shoot em to fast. i might even give em a chance at some o my hereford cows. i wouldent think a man would want em to have a go at his hefiers. not with shoulders like that.

You can tell what this bull is eating just by looking at these two pics. You're good. If I was going to guess, I'd say this bull is on grass now. Some nice green grass too.

Here are two more pics. He is a little camera shy and I can't catch him standing for a good pose, he always turns away before I can catch him. One picture has his back end behind a tree, I am sorry but it was the only time I caught him standing somewhat straight. The angles of the pictures do make him look open shouldered but he isn't as much as the pictures make him look its the angles he forces me to take the pictures.
DSC00918.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

There are a few things I'd like to change, but all in all, he'll make a good clean up bull. As I already stated, he is much better looking than many of the herd bulls shown on here.

Mister SF it is a darn rare thing these days to go out an buy yur self a 15 month bull that aint been on grain. what grabed me was all the dung spred on his rear. ifen he has just been out on pasture it would be uncomon for a healthy bull to have that. an he does look good en healthy dont he? also just take yur self gander at the animal cant you see it? now i aint knocken the mans bull he could turn out good. just responden to your letter.

ONLY-BEEF":1puj6t05 said:
Mister SF it is a darn rare thing these days to go out an buy yur self a 15 month bull that aint been on grain. what grabed me was all the dung spred on his rear. ifen he has just been out on pasture it would be uncomon for a healthy bull to have that. an he does look good en healthy dont he? also just take yur self gander at the animal cant you see it? now i aint knocken the mans bull he could turn out good. just responden to your letter.

He looks like he has been on some good spring pasture to me. Look at his backside. Looks just like mine do when they are eating spring clover. Can squirt a mile. Further it goes, the faster they gain.

I don't know about the grain or not, but based on my observation of the pictures, I'd of guessed a little differently.

Actually, the man I bought him from said he was on good quality hay and some grain. He will get some hay for a couple of weeks yet due to the small area he has to graze. He will also be supplemented with some grain and free choice minerals to make sure he reaches his full potential as an adult.

edb130":1u25bk5e said:
Actually, the man I bought him from said he was on good quality hay and some grain. He will get some hay for a couple of weeks yet due to the small area he has to graze. He will also be supplemented with some grain and free choice minerals to make sure he reaches his full potential as an adult.

Good plan. I supplement all my bulls until they are a couple of years old. Nothing wrong with that. I like to see my a little on the fleshy side. JMO

edb130 I just want ta be sure ya know i was not hurten on ya with what i said consernen yur bull. i just joined this here party and i aint wanten to start somthen like what happen over in horse talk with that ther latest project letter.

edb130 I just want ta be sure ya know i was not hurten on ya with what i said consernen yur bull. i just joined this here party and i aint wanten to start somthen like what happen over in horse talk with that ther latest project letter.

Only Beef - No Offense taken. I didn't think you were making negative remarks. I asked for peoples opinions of my new bull, and I expected I might get some critiscism, but I didn't take your comments as such. I am the type of person that feels that all breeds have there strong points and negative traits. As a seedstock producer I have chosen Limousin and I am happy with my choice. I have seen a lot of people get their feelings hurt when they post an animal and people tell them what they think. I have to be happy with my choice, I ask for honest critiques because someone else may see something I didn't see when I picked an animal out, and by noticing a weakness or flaw I become better at picking out future purchases. Thanks for your comments.

Latest posts