New begging scheme

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
The beggars here have now decided to pull on animal lovers strings to say that they need money for their dogs food. Pic isn't the best but you may be able to see the dog going under the umbrella. Seems all the beggars in the city are now sporting dogs.

IMG_20150522_124325_796_zps4149b404.jpg

They've been doing that here for some time. The beggar at the overpass in Valdosta keeps a dog with him at all times. He stays at the Holiday Inn and is normally at their bar at night and he'll tell you that the dog adds a lot to the pot each day.

You'll starve to death if you don't have a dog....about the only thing better than the dog is big boobs and lots of cleavage.

TexasBred":2cashukx said:
You'll starve to death if you don't have a dog....about the only thing better than the dog is big boobs and lots of cleavage.
We had one of them a few days ago. She didn't need a dog.

I often feel the "tug" to help people and It usually always near Walmart or other store so If the person is hungry I'll buy them something to eat I guess I would buy the dog some dog food but NO MONEY!!!

Drzr":3fs1tyum said:
I often feel the "tug" to help people and It usually always near Walmart or other store so If the person is hungry I'll buy them something to eat I guess I would buy the dog some dog food but NO MONEY!!!
I gave one a peanut butter sandwich, an apple and an orange. They didn't really seem appreciative, seemed kind of surprised.

We also gave a guy wearing a uniform, said he's a vet, some wings from hooters and a big coke. He seemed like he liked it. Talked our ear off. He spit a lot when he talked. He was sitting in a wheel chair with no legs on the freeway exit ramp.

Until recently alcohol sales were prohibited on Sunday in Ga. I'm sure he wasn't the only one, but before it was legal a guy I knew had a store would sell beer on Sunday to women. His only requirement- "show your tits".

Jogeephus":1fqat9vu said:
They've been doing that here for some time. The beggar at the overpass in Valdosta keeps a dog with him at all times. He stays at the Holiday Inn and is normally at their bar at night and he'll tell you that the dog adds a lot to the pot each day.
I have never seen any sort of this begging in my area. I have seen the dogs with beggars often in places I travel. A first for me was in Bentonville Arkansas on Wednesday this week. I saw a "daddy" with a baby in a back pack standing at an intersection with a sign.
I'm a generous soul, but good grief. Why bring your baby out in to this mess. My first thought was that DHS would be there. But it was a nice day, so I reckon the baby got some fresh air. Nowadays I'd hazard a guess that that dogs get more attention than babies.

Luca Brasi":l0gj1bnk said:
How much extra do I get if I beg with a Ferguson or Baltimore protestor in tow?

Depends on the condition of the protestor. Barely breathing and I'm digging deep!

ga.prime":3id1016q said:
Until recently alcohol sales were prohibited on Sunday in Ga. I'm sure he wasn't the only one, but before it was legal a guy I knew had a store would sell beer on Sunday to women. His only requirement- "show your tits".
He77 I'd probably just give it to them. :cowboy:

Hook":3aqe0ath said:
Offer her a job picking soybeans on the 2500 acres. Or okra on the 70
Ol' Sky man has still got your head all flicked up don't he. Just can't get over it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ouachita":1ictfw1v said:
Jogeephus":1ictfw1v said:
I have never seen any sort of this begging in my area. I have seen the dogs with beggars often in places I travel. A first for me was in Bentonville Arkansas on Wednesday this week. I saw a "daddy" with a baby in a back pack standing at an intersection with a sign.
I'm a generous soul, but good grief. Why bring your baby out in to this mess. My first thought was that DHS would be there. But it was a nice day, so I reckon the baby got some fresh air. Nowadays I'd hazard a guess that that dogs get more attention than babies.

Quachita you're in Western Arkansas....too many mountains for beggars to be putting out that much effort trying to walk up them.

Just offered a solution to a problem. It's obvious the person needs a job. In the past I have brought a person begging to help with cleaning up trash, help digging trenches for electrical and plumbing lines....you get the idea.
Instead of lambasting a person begging, offer them a hand up. You'd be surprised how often they take you up on it.

I don't know where they find them, but I have seen a few panhandlers with 3-legged dogs. Puts the disturbing thought in the back of my mind they might have had something to do with the loss of the leg.

I never give cash to an individual. I have given bottles of water out of my car on a hot day, and they usually say thanks but with zero enthusiasm. They wanted money. I do put cash in the firemen's boot for MDS. the bikers for babies March of Dimes drive, etc.

bball":3w2glpp2 said:
Luca Brasi":3w2glpp2 said:
How much extra do I get if I beg with a Ferguson or Baltimore protestor in tow?

Depends on the condition of the protestor. Barely breathing and I'm digging deep!

Win win.

Bikers for babes, yeah I'd donate to that too.

Offer them a job, nice idea, but not for me. Don't want to end up on an episode of Investigation Discovery.

When I worked in the city I started keeping any loose change from any purchases that day in my pocket, handy for a quick throw into an outstretched cup, so I wouldn't need to stop and open my wallet for Mr Beggar to see how much cash I had on me. Sometimes the loose change would total a few bucks before I ran into one, sometimes less depending on what or how much I had purchased so far. On one of those days when it wasn't much the guy actually shook his cup and said "That's it?". That was the last day I offered any of them anything.

Long time ago, John Stossel did a deal with guys holding signs like, hungry, out of work, etc. He offered them a hot lunch and a little cash for doing some yard work. Out of 5 or 6 he made the offer to, I don't think any showed up and it was walking distance. There's a guy in KC who made a career out of panhandling on the Country Club Plaza, an upscale shopping and entertainment district. For years he was a fixture there. Reporter followed him, found out he had a nice car and house from the kindness of strangers.

I don't give to the street corner guys. I figure most are professional. But one time, I came out of a business in downtown Oklahoma City. Younger kid was there, seemed like he might be a little slow, he asked for some change. I said, nah I'll go get you something though. Surprisingly, he was about to pile in my truck, but I thought that wasn't smart of me. I told him wait right there and I'd bring it back. He asked kinda sheepishly if I really would. I said, I promise. Stay right there. Won't be but a few minutes. I stopped at the first fast food place down the street, sonic. There was a bunch of people. Took forever to get the food, over 20 minutes. When I got back, the kid was gone. Always felt like I really let him down. His face really lit up when I said I'd bring him back a burger. I just imagined it being equally dejected when he left thinking I had lied to him.

Latest posts