New begging scheme

Help Support CattleToday:

Had one pull the old need five dollars for gas couple months ago in a Sporting goods parking lot.
This guy was a walking petra dish of disease. When I told him no he went to cussing me out
wanting to fight. Guess he was needing a fix bad, I turned and walked off and he kept on.
When I got to the front of the store manager and three other customers were pointing him out to police.
Told the officer I was permitted said don't worry about it the guy was a frequent flyer.
I was thinking they have got to handle this guy and ride in a car with him.
At the very minimum he had hepatitis and no telling what else. The threats the guy was hurling were not
scary what ever he had was. Everyone he had hit up was an old man or woman, I believe they pick
what they think are weaker targets.

I don't usually give to people begging, but about about 20 years ago my wife and I stopped at a Dairy Queen, and as we were about to leave there was an old lady digging through the trash. I walked up to her, tapped her on the shoulder, and gave her enough money to buy a meal.

Last one I gave anything to was a guy standing outside a convenience store. It was hot as he77 and as I came out of the store he said " hey buddy can you spare a dollar for cold beer"?? I thought for about 2 seconds and said he77 yeah. At least you didn't want coffee on this hot a$$ day. Watched him as he went in, got him a single and walked out and around the corner to enjoy it. At least he was honest. Depending on how often he scored he was probably drunk in a couple of hours. :lol: :lol:

On Sunday evening on my way home I stopped at a rest stop off I-5. I was barely out of my truck headed to the rest room and some young guy hit me up for gas money. He said that he was going from Portland to Seattle to see his grandpa. Now why would a person leave on a basically 150 mile trip and be out of gas after 50 miles? I said no. On my way back to my truck I noticed the guy and another guy in a newer fancier car than I drive. I didn't get my door shut on the pickup and some young gal was giving me a song and dance about needing gas money to get to Seattle. Do people not look at their gas gauge before leaving on a trip or is this just the latest way to beg.

The begging I hate is the e-mails I get from politicians that are begging for money to run on to stay in office.

I'm tired of seeing these young folks, on the corners with their Starbuck's coffee cups, NorthFace back-packs, Merril shoes and smoking a cigarette begging with signs "need a blessing" "God will thank you" etc. Most times they are less than a block from 1 or 2 stores with "Help Wanted" signs in the windows.

HDRider":19xq8zmf said:
Drzr":19xq8zmf said:
I often feel the "tug" to help people and It usually always near Walmart or other store so If the person is hungry I'll buy them something to eat I guess I would buy the dog some dog food but NO MONEY!!!
I gave one a peanut butter sandwich, an apple and an orange. They didn't really seem appreciative, seemed kind of surprised.

We also gave a guy wearing a uniform, said he's a vet, some wings from hooters and a big coke. He seemed like he liked it. Talked our ear off. He spit a lot when he talked. He was sitting in a wheel chair with no legs on the freeway exit ramp.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: (I heard that in my head to the voice of Forrest Gump)

A story relayed to me, by my uncle (WW2 vet), of a local POW of that or Korean era service, who was flagged down by a beggar on an offramp. Sign said, "HUNGRY, PLEASE HELP". Sarge stopped and asked him if he was hungry.
Beggar, Yes, starving to death.
Sarge says, here you go, handing him a banana peel.
Beggar, not knowing who he's mooching off of, throws it down and goes to cussing Sarge.
Sarge gets out and stomps him, and tells him, "If I'm not too good to eat a banana peel to stay alive, you sure as hell ain't either."
Picks up the peel and leaves, scratchin gravels. :lol2: :lol2:

Hook":3fakvxul said:
Just offered a solution to a problem. It's obvious the person needs a job. In the past I have brought a person begging to help with cleaning up trash, help digging trenches for electrical and plumbing lines....you get the idea.
Instead of lambasting a person begging, offer them a hand up. You'd be surprised how often they take you up on it.

I would be surprised if any did. Must be a less lazy type of beggar around your area than mine. Mine ain't trying to do ****, that's why they mooch off any one who will give them anything.

In spite of what the official stats might say, I have come to the conclusion that by the number of old guys begging on corners that claim to be a Vietnam Vet, that every male in the United States must have served in Vietnam.

I was in Cleveland for an Indians game recently and a homeless guy had a sign that said NOT GONNA LIE. JUST WANT BEER MONEY. I took my wallet out was going to give him a few bucks and smallest bill I had was a 20. I looked at him and said "Man it's your lucky day" and gave him a 20. The look of pure joy on his face was priceless.

ohiosteve":2dkijpaz said:
I was in Cleveland for an Indians game recently and a homeless guy had a sign that said NOT GONNA LIE. JUST WANT BEER MONEY. I took my wallet out was going to give him a few bucks and smallest bill I had was a 20. I looked at him and said "Man it's your lucky day" and gave him a 20. The look of pure joy on his face was priceless.

Least he was honest. Bet he got tanked up pretty good on that $20.

Oh and you better not go to a MLB game with small bills. Last time I went to a Braves game about 6 years ago I was shocked by the prices. A hot dog, coke, and chips would eat a $20 up!