New Bazadais Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Suzie Q

Reaction score
Paradise Emma - 10 months old and has been on grain.

Emmafront13910small.jpg

Emmaside13910small.jpg

She is a pretty heifer, although we don't see many (if any) Bazadais in the United States; I didn't know what they were until someone from Oz posted a photo recently.

They look double muscled to me; I had confused the other photo with a Belgian Blue.

If you send her to North America, I'm sure we could develop a black version in just a couple of generations. :shock: :cowboy:

Michael

Looks nice Susie. Next time try to get something in the pic that will give us some perspective on her size.

good looking heifer.what does she weigh? looks alot like my pied heifers,just a little less muscle.

From what I have read about the Piedmontese they are very similar. Born wheaten and then turn grey. Small calves so hopefully less calving problems. Very fertile. Yada yada yada.

I am afraid I do not have a scale. It is one of those things for us to get in the future. You know when money is no object!!!!

They call it extra muscling not double muscling. Which is supposed to make them very tender and very low fat. I haven't tasted it yet, but they do say, "Once Eaten, Never Beaten."

Perspective......hhhmmmm....

I had a look and here is my Bull. Garbrook Brody. 7/8th Bazadais 1/8th Droughtmaster. 3rd Generation. He looks 100% like a Bazadais Bull. He is in working condition. Name starting with a B means he was born in 2007 and this photo was taken on the 19th June 2009.

Behind him on the left is a Murray Grey cow, on the right is a Gelbvieh cow, right behind is a Charolais cross heifer. Does that help?
19609Brodysmall-1.jpg

That is also him in my avatar. Taken when he first arrived and before being put to work. 17 months old.

Real beauties, these bazadais! Congrats again to your purchase! :clap: :clap:

No she has not been clipped. Her former owners handled her and brushed her to remove her coat.

Such a difference to buying an animal like that. In contrast to brining home a friend's bull who was lent to them and they didn't even bother to feed him. I brought him a bale of hay and put it down to take the baling twine off and the poor thing tried to turn himself inside out to squeeze through the rails to get to the hay before I could pick up the biscuits (flakes) and throw them over.

I am sure that there are places in the world that appreciate the "extra" muscling this heifer exhibits. Unfortunately,in my end of this world that much muscling is discounted rather severely.

I haven't tasted Bazadais yet, but it is supposed to be very tasty, very tender and non fat.

A couple of the bumper stickers they gave me were.

"You don't need teeth to eat Bazadais meat" and

"Bazadais - Once Eaten Never Beaten"

Suzie Q":1m4sk3ur said:
I haven't tasted Bazadais yet, but it is supposed to be very tasty, very tender and non fat.

A couple of the bumper stickers they gave me were.

"You don't need teeth to eat Bazadais meat" and

"Bazadais - Once Eaten Never Beaten"

"You don't need teeth to eat Bazadais meat"

Wow Suzie you just hit on a new market. Every Nursing home in Australia will want some. :nod:

Suzie Q":2juy5z1n said:
From what I have read about the Piedmontese they are very similar. Born wheaten and then turn grey. Small calves so hopefully less calving problems. Very fertile. Yada yada yada.

I am afraid I do not have a scale. It is one of those things for us to get in the future. You know when money is no object!!!!

They call it extra muscling not double muscling. Which is supposed to make them very tender and very low fat. I haven't tasted it yet, but they do say, "Once Eaten, Never Beaten."

Perspective......hhhmmmm....

I had a look and here is my Bull. Garbrook Brody. 7/8th Bazadais 1/8th Droughtmaster. 3rd Generation. He looks 100% like a Bazadais Bull. He is in working condition. Name starting with a B means he was born in 2007 and this photo was taken on the 19th June 2009.

Behind him on the left is a Murray Grey cow, on the left is a Gelbvieh cow, right behind is a Charolais cross heifer. Does that help?
19609Brodysmall-1.jpg

That is also him in my avatar. Taken when he first arrived and before being put to work. 17 months old.

You must have alot more " lefts " than we do .. :lol2: :p

Latest posts