New article that I wrote on Medium about cattle.

Help Support CattleToday:

CattleMan1920

Reaction score
As I have said before, the general public would see us all in a much better light if they knew that our cattle are like family and well cared for, as well as understand the dedication that goes into raising a top animal.

Here is a first in a series of articles that I am going to publish, mainly as a counter to the "fake meat, anti-cattle" narrative that is growing by the day.

Hope you enjoy.

http://bit.ly/2UTsrEr

You were a little harsh on feedlots and capitalist, "crowded, filthy feedlots owned by greedy capitalists"

HDRider said:
You were a little harsh on feedlots and capitalist, "crowded, filthy feedlots owned by greedy capitalists"

Weren't there people here on CT saying that there are hardly any places to have a steer slaughtered anymore? Don't most producers feel left out at this point, with everything being controlled by big interests?

If a feedlot is handling cattle in a top-notch manner and the animal's health is paramount, then they are NOT who I'm talking about.

However, if we are speaking of corporate-run operations, that are SQUEEZING the daylights out of the small producers, so that they earn less and less, then yes, AND they are treating the animals poorly, then so be it I'm harsh.

Here is a video that says a lot about what is going on. I like how this guy Mike thinks.

http://bit.ly/2Gn9bqE

Hook2.0 said:
Ha. Your spoiled brat syndrome is showing

Please explain?

I'm merely pointing out that the fake meat craze is not going away, there is an aggressive, sophisticated campaign on to make sure people don't want your product.

If that's me being a brat, so be it....

Hook2.0 said:
Youre doing a great job of promoting your farm, and every single one of your posts shows it.

Every

Single

One.

Why thank you!

But do you realize that if the powers that be get their way, none of us will have much to say about raising cattle? I prefer to dictate my own story, not have someone else do it for me.

Nothing is stopping you from writing articles as well or posting things, in fact, it is encouraged!

To the average consumer, farmers and ranchers are LOW on the totem pole, and most basically see us as peasants, I would like for the picture to be different, because I know that's simply not the case.

Do you really think the country as a whole gives a sh.t if the farmers in Nebraska or South Dakota, or any other stricken state lose everything? Let me answer that for you, NO! They could care less.

Do you think the country loses their minds if a CAT 5 hurricane is going to take out multimillion-dollar condos in Miami? Of course they do, there is 24-hour coverage of the event. Not saying that the hurricane isn't a tragic event, but losing a million calves in one month should get more coverage than it does.

All of CT members should watch this video below. This individual specifically states that they are NOT public personas, nor do they seek any attention, but what happened is just too much to keep quiet about. I feel that you may think he is self-promoting as well.

http://bit.ly/2GoxS6k

Hook2.0 said:
************* said:
Hook2.0 said:
Youre doing a great job of promoting your farm, and every single one of your posts shows it.

Every

Single

One.

Why thank you!

But do you realize that if the powers that be get their way, none of us will have much to say about raising cattle? I prefer to dictate my own story, not have someone else do it for me.

Nothing is stopping you from writing articles as well or posting things, in fact, it is encouraged!

To the average consumer, farmers and ranchers are LOW on the totem pole, and most basically see us as peasants, I would like for the picture to be different, because I know that's simply not the case.

Do you really think the country as a whole gives a sh.t if the farmers in Nebraska or South Dakota, or any other stricken state lose everything? Let me answer that for you, NO! They could care less.

Do you think the country loses their minds if a CAT 5 hurricane is going to take out multimillion-dollar condos in Miami? Of course they do, there is 24-hour coverage of the event. Not saying that the hurricane isn't a tragic event, but losing a million calves in one month should get more coverage than it does.

All of CT members should watch this video below. This individual specifically states that they are NOT public personas, nor do they seek any attention, but what happened is just too much to keep quiet about. I feel that you may think he is self-promoting as well.

Youre free to feel any way you want to, even when wrong.
I guess the new thing for young people has gone from giving makeup and style advice via blogs and the internet to giving cattle advice. do you have a youtube channel yet :lol2:

Funny you ask, yes, it's under ************* on Youtube.

http://bit.ly/2Z7toYP

I appreciate the fact that you think I'm young, because I'm far from it....

************* said:
As I have said before, the general public would see us all in a much better light if they knew that our cattle are like family and well cared for, as well as understand the dedication that goes into raising a top animal.

Here is a first in a series of articles that I am going to publish, mainly as a counter to the "fake meat, anti-cattle" narrative that is growing by the day.

Hope you enjoy.

I would suggest that anybody whose cattle are like family would be wise to get out of the cattle business.
They may be better suited to having a pet animal like a dog or cat.

If I were really that emotionally bonded to animals that were going to be slaughtered for food, I may well favor fake meat. :yuck:

just skimmed over this...what I see...and what I think people that aren't in the business end of this..they think ranchers..people with land and cattle are rich....farmer with those fancy tractors and all the land....rich rich rich.....look at all that land and they got so many cows....rich rich rich

Hook2.0 said:
************* said:
Hook2.0 said:

Every

Single

One.

Why thank you!

I guess the new thing for young people has gone from giving makeup and style advice via blogs and the internet to giving cattle advice. do you have a youtube channel yet :lol2:

So what's wrong with a YouTube channel.??

callmefence said:
Hook2.0 said:
************* said:
Why thank you!

So what's wrong with a YouTube channel.??

Fence, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a Youtube channel. I have watched your videos that you put up, keep them coming.

Video is where it's all going to. I'm not saying you have to expose your entire life, but many non-celebrities have important things to say, if only they might be important to a select few.

After we are all dead and gone, these videos will still remain. They are like home movies, except they don't deteriorate.

I sure wish my relatives had the option of posting videos, I would be searching through them all.

Nothing wrong with a youtube channel.
In lots of cases, a modern equivalent to an afternoon at the library or a set of home encyclopedias.
Smart people learn from the mistakes of others, and glean information from the successes of others. Morons insist on making their own mistakes.

Then......there's this, that was posted on a car forum a couple weeks ago:
(I could only stand to watch a few minutes of it, so I really don't know what the real problem is, but I do wonder what's going to happen to people like that when the big EMP/solar storm comes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQonbtV2iaA

Ryder said:
************* said:

Hope you enjoy.

I would suggest that anybody whose cattle are like family would be wise to get out of the cattle business.
They may be better suited to having a pet animal like a dog or cat.

If I were really that emotionally bonded to animals that were going to be slaughtered for food, I may well favor fake meat. :yuck:

Let me ask you this, if you saw your animals suffering, or you saw them in danger, would you just shrug and say "there go some units"?

I am well aware of where cattle end up, mostly in foam and plastic packaging, then onto the grill or oven. What I was trying to convey is this, when you are with your herd daily, you get to know them fairly well, if you are calling yourself a cattleman you are concerned about their health and wellbeing.

Once you don't give a sh.t about your cattle, it doesn't take too long to show. Buzzards tend to appear.

God gave you dominion over all animals on Earth, and I'm pretty sure that means you are to shepherd them.

There are plenty of animals I have raised that acted far better than humans I have dealt with.

dieselbeef said:
just skimmed over this...what I see...and what I think people that aren't in the business end of this..they think ranchers..people with land and cattle are rich....farmer with those fancy tractors and all the land....rich rich rich.....look at all that land and they got so many cows....rich rich rich

DB I think you are right. I can't speak to row croppers, but there is no profit in cow calf.

" I'm not talking about crowded, filthy feedlots owned by greedy capitalists that only see our beloved Bessy Bell as a unit, nor am I talking about dairy operations that were once supported by Publix where cows were beaten in the udders with rebar by idiot employees."

Wow! Really do know nothing about cattle outside your little world.

To bad those filthy crowded feedlots run by capitalist, dictate how much money you make, even if you don't sell to them directly.

sim.-ang.king said:
" I'm not talking about crowded, filthy feedlots owned by greedy capitalists that only see our beloved Bessy Bell as a unit, nor am I talking about dairy operations that were once supported by Publix where cows were beaten in the udders with rebar by idiot employees."

Wow! Really do know nothing about cattle outside your little world.

To bad those filthy crowded feedlots run by capitalist, dictate how much money you make, even if you don't sell to them directly.

Did you know Tyson owns a sizable position in Impossible Foods? They basically own a put option on the failure of the beef market.

What you said above is that the producer has zero say in the entire process. That line of thinking is exactly why most have come to see cattle as a lost cause and are throwing in the towel.

There is a systematic breaking down of the average producer, more like wrestling away control. It's not individuals doing this but large corporate interests.

If you are ok with that; I don't know what to say.

I've been telling people to go niche or go broke, few have listened. Like this for example

https://www.crowdcow.com/

want people to like cattle.. but tell everyone how they are filthy and beaten..

excellent.

Latest posts