New 870 express vs used 870 wingmaster

Help Support CattleToday:

I did get the wingmaster. It's in great condition, and it feels really good to both of us. We're anxious to try it out. I also picked up a very nice S&W 659 9mm. This is my first venture into automatic handguns. I've shot a few, but have only owned revolvers up to now. It was one of those deals I couldn't pass up - the guns, a couple of 14 round factory mags for the 9, and a few boxes of ammo for both.

They mostly shoot in the spring, so she's got several months to get used to the new one. I agree, it's in her head now - she needs to believe again. We try to practice every couple of weeks at least, and she's been either really good or really bad lately, with not much in between. I was hoping a new gun might help her confidence a little, plus it gives us 2 so we can practice together. Maybe try to shoot at some different places, see if that helps.

jedstivers":3pfttfd3 said:
Caustic Burno":3pfttfd3 said:
Shotguning is 90% instinctive shooting.
Lots of decent shotguns out there and a few great ones.
The 870 is tried and true design that is time tested.
It all gets down to ergonomics come shooting time and 10% the head game Brute is talking about. You got to believe.
I shot a 870 for years and years and thousands of rounds and thousands of ducks.
I can now hardly hit anything with one after I started shooting Belgium A5 Brownings.
That gun comes to my shoulder so easy it's unreal.

I love the A-5's as well.
The Browning pumps are so slick makes the others feel like they are full of sand.

jedstivers":2mebvjo7 said:
Caustic Burno":2mebvjo7 said:
Shotguning is 90% instinctive shooting.
Lots of decent shotguns out there and a few great ones.
The 870 is tried and true design that is time tested.
It all gets down to ergonomics come shooting time and 10% the head game Brute is talking about. You got to believe.
I shot a 870 for years and years and thousands of rounds and thousands of ducks.
I can now hardly hit anything with one after I started shooting Belgium A5 Brownings.
That gun comes to my shoulder so easy it's unreal.
I have a Belguim A5 Browning that I bought shortly after high school. It was my only shotgun for a lot of years. Shot tons of birds with it. I stopped using it because I felt guilty about abusing such a fine gun the way I abuse a shotgun.

You wont be disapointed with the wingmaster. Its one of those guns every one needs to have IMO.

I'm sure you know this but you said she was shooting 20s fairly often. To break that hump and get to those 23s and 24s you pretty much have to get a box of shells and go to those problem stations and shoot until it's instinct.

With trap I'm guessing it's the two outer stations. Need to just stand there and shoot a box. Then go to the other side and shoot another box.

The Express wouldn't be my first choice but I seen that gun take a beating and keep on banging so I don't understand the negativity. We had them with TDCJ and those guns were abused cause most the people using them didn't know jack about them. I know people that own them no complaints. A buddy bought one for his kids first shotgun and that boy was rough on that gun but it fired.

Congrats on getting the Wingmaster.

I like my Browning over under 12 probably my favorite gun in the cabinet. I also have a Russian SA 12 pretty good gun.

wacocowboy":2r36sfsl said:
The Express wouldn't be my first choice but I seen that gun take a beating and keep on banging so I don't understand the negativity. We had them with TDCJ and those guns were abused cause most the people using them didn't know jack about them. I know people that own them no complaints. A buddy bought one for his kids first shotgun and that boy was rough on that gun but it fired.

I like my Browning over under 12 probably my favorite gun in the cabinet. I also have a Russian SA 12 pretty good gun.

It's the Ford Chevy debate.
I don't own a modern Remington as I think they are crap guns. Everything from the 700 ADL to 870 Wingmaster I bought got dumped for a better gun.
I drive Ruger Winchester rifles and
Winchester Browning shotguns.
Recently bought a CZ that I am not impressed with it doesn't have a home long.

Caustic Burno":3gyvyxx4 said:
wacocowboy":3gyvyxx4 said:

It's the Ford Chevy debate.
I don't own a modern Remington as I think they are crap guns. Everything from the 700 ADL to 870 Wingmaster I bought got dumped for a better gun.
I drive Ruger Winchester rifles and
Winchester Browning shotguns.
Recently bought a CZ that I am not impressed with it doesn't have a home long.

I guess like you said Chevy vs Ford

I have a fairly new Rem 22 probably gun I shoot the most and no complaints. I have a CZ 40 but it is at least 10 years old. That is one of the best pistols I've ever shot and several others have said the same about it. That sucker is accurate heck even my wife can hit a target and she doesn't shoot very often and wasn't raised with guns.

Latest posts