Never again

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
We had a male get in with a female that we had not intended to breed.
Long story short we have 3 puppies and a mother without milk.
After 6 days of bottle feeding every 4 hours we (mostly my wife since I travel for a living) are already tired of the routine.
I had been wanting to breed the male but not to this female.
If they don't turn out well then it will be a further disappointment

by heath » Thu May 02, 2013 7:09 pm

You are lucky there was only 3. Lol

There were 7 but only 3 have made it

by Workinonit Farm » Thu May 02, 2013 7:07 pm

What are they Border Collies or Boston Terriers? How old was/is the female?
They are border collies, 100% McCallum genetics and the male is a really good dog but the female never has been much, just not aggressive enough, but I still have high hopes.
The female is 4 years old

cross_7":14u9nq1f said:
We had a male get in with a female that we had not intended to breed.
Long story short we have 3 puppies and a mother without milk.
After 6 days of bottle feeding every 4 hours we (mostly my wife since I travel for a living) are already tired of the routine.
I had been wanting to breed the male but not to this female.
If they don't turn out well then it will be a further disappointment

Sometimes the pups facing the most adversities , challenges and struggles turn out to be they best ones ever . Look at Nikki and all she has been through, she is one of the most hard working gals around and takes each challenge at stride . Maybe these will all turn out to be great dogs and at the very least a wonderful pet to someone who needs to how wonderful life with a Border Collie is. :nod:

Hang in there with the feeding, you only have 4 more weeks to go . :help: Good luck !

One of my best dogs is a mutt from an accidental mating and the dad doesn't work worth a crap... She's got some border-collie, mcnab, queensland, kelpie, and a dollop of Catahoula as far as I can tell. :lol:
I had all of the pups placed in new homes but two cam back due to family situations and both have made really good dogs.

cross_7":3oqz72gr said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dF3ZFEKXfE

I was watching this with the sound on and when the puppies started whining my Lab hit the door hard thinking it was her puppies....dumb dog!

Latest posts