Negative Scrotal/Negative DOC

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
I am going to be careful about how I word this since I intend no harm to the owners of the bulls in question. I am always looking for bulls who PAP well or throw good papping sons. I recently came across one who has great PAP numbers and ALL of his other EPD's are good to excellant. The only downside I can see is that he has a
-.75 SCR EPD.

Bull B on the other hand has a positive (.56) SCR and all other factors are again good to Excellent. HOWEVER Bull B has a -1 DOC EPD. He is equal to or better than bull A for PAP.

SOOOOOO here's my question which one would you use....the one who throws little nuts or the one who is nuts.

If I must I'll rather use the one with nuts that is nuts, I believe the cow plays a much bigger role in disposition than the bull's genetics.

I agree Knersie, if only for the fact that the calf will learn from her example every waking moment. The is the third bull in the mix. I will for sure use him on some cows this year. He shows no DOC epd but after talking to the breeder and the current owner I am satisfied that disposition is not a problem and also impressed with the fact that he was used at very high altitude last year in a pasture situation for natural service in addition to AI. I also like whae he brings to the table for making Balancers relative to profile depth, and length of muscle. The only real downside I see is his RE epd, but I feel like my GV cows can carry him on that issue.

http://genex.crinet.com/beef/index.php? ... 74&lang=EN

Latest posts