Needing Lots of Prayers

Help Support CattleToday:

fit2btied

Reaction score
Long requests. My baby brother, Stan, (52, two prior heart attacks, one major, one minor) had a heart cath Thursday and is scheduled for bypass surgery at Missouri Baptist Hospital in St. Louis next Thursday. It will definitely be a quadruple bypass and the two heart doctors are conferring to decide if they need to include a fifth one. Brother thinks all the cattle and hay work need to be done before the surgery! :) I'm so glad I'm not stubborn! :shock: :)

New grandson born Friday! :D :D :D Jaxon Bryant, 8lbs 15oz, 21 3/4 inches long. All appeared to be well and then he started having some minor breathing problems. After extensive testing and no answers, the local hospital faxed all the info they had to Childrens Hospital in St. Louis. Childrens said it sounded like a collapsed lung and sent their airlift team down to get him. After they got him to their ICU they quickly confirmed that both lungs were partially collapsed. During pregnancy his mother was tested for gestational diabetes and was classified as borderline but was not treated. Childrens said he was a classic example of what happens when moms are not treated - large baby on the outside, almost preemie inside with underdeveloped lungs and sometimes other organs. They had him stabilized within minutes and he is showing improvement! :D :D :D They figure he will be in ICU at Childrens for at least a week. We need him at home to help get that hay up! :) We desire your prayers for my brother and our baby, and all other families facing problems, as well as travelling mercies as we drive back and forth to the city. Thanks, from the bottom of our hearts! Heading out again!

Edited to include brother's first name.

You better get rested up. A week after the bypass your bro will be running you ragged. It's like having an 18 year olds heart.

dun

Our Prayers are with you sorry to hear about your brother hope all go's well.I know what you are feeling about your grandson our oldest daughter stayed in a neo-natal care unit for a week with breathing problem's that was the longes't week of my life that was 9 year's ago and she's is fine.They will both be in our prayer's keep us posted if you can.

rattler

Sounds like you got your plate full but I'm sure everything will be Ok with the prayers you will receive from all of us and your family and friends. Our prayers go out to you and yours.

Horticattleman":2fkmhbck said:
Jogeephus":2fkmhbck said:
Sounds like you got your plate full but I'm sure everything will be Ok with the prayers you will receive from all of us and your family and friends. Our prayers go out to you and yours.

Here too!

Yup, from me too.

Just got back home and the baby is doing much better! :D :D :D They were giving him pain meds to keep him sleeping and laying still and stopped that this morning so he is awake some now. They removed the respirator and just put him on oxygen, breathing on his own. He pulled the oxygen hose out of his nose within 30 seconds so they had to secure it better. I figured they were gonna break out the duct tape! :) They stopped the suction pump that was pulling the fluid off his lungs but left the tubes in place. He started struggling a little with his breathing so they upped the oxygen flow a little and restarted the suction pumps and everything settled back down. The NICU nurse asked me if I wanted to change him and I said "You bet, as long as there aren't any surprises in there!" Now I've had my turn so I won't have to do that again 'til after he has his first birthday! :) There are probably 40 - 50 babies in the unit where he is, some have been there for over 6 months. We truly are blessed. Doctors said that he had went well beyond their expectations for the first 24 hours but they would keep him for at least a week to finish the full round of antibiotics they started him on. We thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers and ask you to continue to remember him and all those other little ones. Thanks again, Mike

Baby is doing fantastic! He is a little jaundiced and under the light but will most likely get to go home tomorrow (Saturday)! :D :D :D

Brother's quadruple bypass surgery went extremely well yesterday after they finally got it going. They came to get him and by the time we got to the waiting area he had been bumped by an emergency surgery so his started at 12:30 instead of 10:00. They had to 'ace' him for that extra wait time, he wouldn't/couldn't stand still in the chute! :) Doc said his heart and lungs both fired back up on the first pull. In recovery the top left lung chamber collapsed but they suctioned out some mucus and it popped right back up. They let us go back to see him for a few minutes but were going to keep him 'asleep' until sometime this morning. We will be able to get back in to see him after 10:00 am. Soooo, getting ready to gas up again and head back to the big city for a second day of MO Baptist to Children's to MO Baptist to Children's, etc.! (JMO, but the food is much better and cheaper at Children's!) Life is good!!! Thank you all so much for your prayers and we ask that you continue to remember us as we will you. Thanks again, Mike

Grandson got to come home Friday evening and my brother is supposed to get to come home tomorrow (Wednesday). We'll pick him up at the hospital and hopefully won't be making any trips back to the city any time soon. We were going to lay down the first of the hay Friday, but they are forecasting rain everyday through Saturday. We'll see. It feels so good to almost be back to normal (at least as normal as it gets)!

fit2btied":elkpy1ef said:
Grandson got to come home Friday evening and my brother is supposed to get to come home tomorrow (Wednesday). We'll pick him up at the hospital and hopefully won't be making any trips back to the city any time soon. We were going to lay down the first of the hay Friday, but they are forecasting rain everyday through Saturday. We'll see. It feels so good to almost be back to normal (at least as normal as it gets)!
:clap: :clap: :banana: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts