Need working facility

Help Support CattleToday:

Tell me more about your truck and trailer. What model truck do you have that a GN trailer's axels ae off the ground? What make and year model trailer do you have? You mentioned lowering the coupler? Is it a pickup that you are using, and the bed is too deep ( sides are too high)?
I have a 19' f250 FX4. The trailer is a 91 W&W 16'. I had to lower the couple on the trailer for me to get 5.5-6" of clearance from my tailgate/bed rails to the gooseneck frame. When I did that it made it so jacked up on the front end unlevel it made the front axle tires of the trailer be off the ground. It has 205/75/15s on the trailer and I was curious if I could put 235s on it to jack the whole trailer up allowing me to drop the coupler enough to carry weight on the front axle as well? If I can't figure anything out I'm gonna end up trading it and taking a loss on it which sucks. The trailer also doesn't have springs where I could axle flip it and put blocks under it.

You dont have to spend a lot to help it work better. If it don't make sense to spend on gates then add something above them that will block the view. If they cant see through or over a gate they arent as likely to try to jump.
Where are you in TN that its so far to sell, or is it because you need to sell on Saturdays.
I'm in south Pittsburg. About any direction for me is an hour so I figured I would drive an extra 15-20 miles to a better market.

I have a 19' f250 FX4. The trailer is a 91 W&W 16'. I had to lower the couple on the trailer for me to get 5.5-6" of clearance from my tailgate/bed rails to the gooseneck frame. When I did that it made it so jacked up on the front end unlevel it made the front axle tires of the trailer be off the ground. It has 205/75/15s on the trailer and I was curious if I could put 235s on it to jack the whole trailer up allowing me to drop the coupler enough to carry weight on the front axle as well? If I can't figure anything out I'm gonna end up trading it and taking a loss on it which sucks. The trailer also doesn't have springs where I could axle flip it and put blocks under it.
Does the truck have off-road suspension? You could put taller tires on the trailer, and maybe put shorter tires on the truck? How far off the ground are the from trailer tires now?

Does the truck have off-road suspension? You could put taller tires on the trailer, and maybe put shorter tires on the truck? How far off the ground are the from trailer tires now?
It's the fx4 package so I'm pretty sure it's a suspension package. No lift kits or anything with factory size tires. On perfect level ground I would say 1.5-2" off the ground.

I'm in a similar situation with my trailer. I had to have a longer coupler put on my trailer because the new truck is so much taller and the bed is deeper. Before the new coupler, there was only about 1 3/4" between the bottom of the trailer neck and top of bed rail. Now I drag the back of my trailer on everything. Mine has 15" tires too. No way on mine to swap to bigger tires without swapping axles, rims, tires, and fenders.

Thinking way out of the box maybe a heavy single axle where the rear one is and 16" inch rims and run it as a single axle GN. Probably easier to just trade it

Thinking way out of the box maybe a heavy single axle where the rear one is and 16" inch rims and run it as a single axle GN. Probably easier to just trade it
I've thought about everything possible. I did t get any bites on it on Facebook market place so I'll probably just trade it in tomorrow. He has a decently price one but the steel runner that the wood floor bolts to needs replaced and I've never done that so idk

I'm in a similar situation with my trailer. I had to have a longer coupler put on my trailer because the new truck is so much taller and the bed is deeper. Before the new coupler, there was only about 1 3/4" between the bottom of the trailer neck and top of bed rail. Now I drag the back of my trailer on everything. Mine has 15" tires too. No way on mine to swap to bigger tires without swapping axles, rims, tires, and fenders.
Yep. I wouldn't have ever thought about the newer trucks being that much taller and beds deeper but I guess it's a lesson learnt.

The FX4 Fords are tall. I don't think swapping tires around will get you where you want. You are likely only talking an inch or two movement.

With 6 cows you might look at a nice bumper pull so you don't have to worry about the truck height. They have some nice 16' and 6.6' ones that pull great.

Latest posts