Need to vent- Snap cards again

Help Support CattleToday:

Howdyjabo

Reaction score
I'm in a convience store. The lady ahead of me gets out of a brand new luxury car, nice clothes, real looking jewlery, fancy hair, beautiful nails- basically a very well put together lady.
So I get in line behind her, shes got a gallon of milk. She asks for 20 $5 scratch off tickets and pays for them with cash. Then she pulls out her snap card to pay for the milk :mad:

The prisoner meal topic got me started. We should have government paid for-----milk, salt free crackers, jelly and peanut butter for everyone. You want it take it.Don't think we will have much abuse(who wants to eat salt free stuff of they don't have to) and no red tape .That is what prisoners get to eat, and that is school lunch (might would throw some fruits and vegetables in for them) . The point of a food program is to have no people going hungry- that would do it.

the medical system needs to be harsher. Have local primary Dr offices that can handle stuff up to broken bones. $20 visits for everyone(and that is all that prisoners get too). Anything more than that and you have to go somewhere else and find a way to pay for it yourself(this is where charity/health insurance comes in).Free Basic health care for everyone- no red tape. Probably would help out the military health care situation too. No judgement calls need to be made by the Drs- they just do not have the facilities to treat expensive procedures. That will force the other Drs./hospitals to compete in a real market place where high costs dampen demand.

My rant for the day.

I think a big share of the dr costs is malpractice insurance. Granted they get paid well, but when they can be sued for ths stupidity of the patient insurance is going to be sky high.

With the primary Dr system. If you want to sue you have to sue the Federal government- you have to prove they knew something that should have gotten the nurse/doctor/staff fired before something bad happened to you. Negligence is the only thing that should be sued for.

Bad things happen all the time, nobody is perfect and it sucks when it happens to you. Where did we get the idea that you should be compensated for mistakes and bad luck?

dun":2rchjhps said:
I think a big share of the dr costs is malpractice insurance. Granted they get paid well, but when they can be sued for ths stupidity of the patient insurance is going to be sky high.

I am just glad that cows can't sue for malpractice. I hate to admit it but I have lost a few patients over the years that were definitely my fault.

You are right that all those programs get abused.

Some thing to consider is they will give a car note to any one with a pulse. I don't know what they are up to now... 6 or 7 years. Not sure what kind of car it was a but a "nice looking car" can be had for 20-30K... over 7 years...

Nice vehicles aren't really a sign of status any more. In fact it could be quite the opposite.

dun":2m32s6fx said:

There is a man that gets it!

Is it possible that the lady with means was picking up milk for someone else and they gave her their card?

I just realized why I am soo mad at all this crazy stuff.
I always knew there were people that took advantage of the system. But they used to "hide" because they knew it was wrong and people would judge them as being wrong- and they didn't want to be judged. Nobody hides anymore.

Howdyjabo":1c9rgg6s said:
I'm in a convience store. The lady ahead of me gets out of a brand new luxury car, nice clothes, real looking jewlery, fancy hair, beautiful nails- basically a very well put together lady.
So I get in line behind her, shes got a gallon of milk. She asks for 20 $5 scratch off tickets and pays for them with cash. Then she pulls out her snap card to pay for the milk :mad:

The prisoner meal topic got me started. We should have government paid for-----milk, salt free crackers, jelly and peanut butter for everyone. You want it take it.Don't think we will have much abuse(who wants to eat salt free stuff of they don't have to) and no red tape .That is what prisoners get to eat, and that is school lunch (might would throw some fruits and vegetables in for them) . The point of a food program is to have no people going hungry- that would do it.

the medical system needs to be harsher. Have local primary Dr offices that can handle stuff up to broken bones. $20 visits for everyone(and that is all that prisoners get too). Anything more than that and you have to go somewhere else and find a way to pay for it yourself(this is where charity/health insurance comes in).Free Basic health care for everyone- no red tape. Probably would help out the military health care situation too. No judgement calls need to be made by the Drs- they just do not have the facilities to treat expensive procedures. That will force the other Drs./hospitals to compete in a real market place where high costs dampen demand.

My rant for the day.

How did you know what kind of car she got out off. Did you witness this or did you see her get in the car to leave. Did you follow her around the store to see what she was buying after getting out of the luxury car. Do you stalk folks in the store that you think might use ebt card. I really think that your story is a figment of your imagination.

oh good lord-- its a small country store and I saw everyone that was there that day. I parked next to her as she was getting out- noticed because I have never seen her before, and she looked nice(ie I was admiring her outfit). We were the only two in line to pay- and she caused a fuss getting her lottery cards (I want 3 no wait heres another $5 give me me another one cashier rings her out.I found another $5, give me another one) So it was easy to take notice of her.

Since most think im the devil here... Heres some devils advocate... Car may not be theirs could be someone letting them use the car. Clothes could be theirs but whos to say if they bought them.. It could be something given to them... Who says the snap cards hers it could be someone who truly needs it and cant get to the store readily. Some elderly folks have to take cabs and why take a cab when someone you know can save you money since youre on a fixed income. Bottom line to this story is ... We including myself sometimes judge by what we see ... When what we see is face value and unless you know every nitty gritty detail you are passing judgement on part of the story. Its just like people riding by a farm seeing all new stuff and front pasture cattle you think wow they must be doing it up big when they have a potential situation that they are a gnats hair away from losing everything they have.

Howdyjabo":35ty0k57 said:
I just realized why I am soo mad at all this crazy stuff.
I always knew there were people that took advantage of the system. But they used to "hide" because they knew it was wrong and people would judge them as being wrong- and they didn't want to be judged. Nobody hides anymore.
Sort of like the illegal aliens. They use to see any kind of car or truck with anykind of logo on the door and they'd hit the woods for a couple of days so they wouldn't get caught. Now they simply shoot law enforcement the finger.

I give my SNAP card to my aid so she can pick up groceries for me. She does drive a newish pickup. I guess you're mad about me getting SNAP - all $81.00 a month. I hope you do not get in the shape I'm in and must rely on friends/neighbors to pick up milk for the breakfast oatmeal

peg4x4":2hcc1w59 said:
I give my SNAP card to my aid so she can pick up groceries for me. She does drive a newish pickup. I guess you're mad about me getting SNAP - all $81.00 a month. I hope you do not get in the shape I'm in and must rely on friends/neighbors to pick up milk for the breakfast oatmeal

Your one of the exceptions Peg. We need to take better care of folks like you in this country. I'm glad to see your still around.

What really gets me going is the astronomical cost of medical care, which is dictated by insurance companies. The reason being is that A) they will only pay a certain percentage so prices are high so facilites actually get close to the money they need and B) it really hurts the uninsured b/c the insurance companies have gotten legislation passed that makes it so facilities may not give a break to those uninsured. Here's an example: I had some bloodwork done, got the bill. Cost was $38, my insurance company paid $25 or 65% of the bill. They have told said facility "That's what you get paid, take it or leave it." An unisured person comes in and gets a 10% discount, which would amount to them paying $34.20 for the same services. YET! the insurance company has made it illegal for said company to charge less for the uninsured b/c that would hurt them!

About the SNAP program. I'm pretty urinated off that they can use it for candy. WalGreen's puts a little sign RIGHT IN FRONT OF ALL THE D-A-M-N CANDY ADVERTISING THAT!!!!!

Not sure how it works now cause this story is 10 years old. My brother cut his finger off, and went to the emergency room. He happened to not have his insurance card. Because it was pretty serious, I guess they just wheeled him through. The bill went to his house, and he opened it ofcourse, and saw the amount. He called them with his insurance info, and they billed the correct company etc. and so on. We he got a bill for "his" part, it was more than he would have paid if he was uninsured.

On Peg's deal imagine how well we could take care of people like her if it weren't for the scammers.

Bigfoot":3bcw59d7 said:
Not sure how it works now cause this story is 10 years old. My brother cut his finger off, and went to the emergency room. He happened to not have his insurance card. Because it was pretty serious, I guess they just wheeled him through. The bill went to his house, and he opened it ofcourse, and saw the amount. He called them with his insurance info, and they billed the correct company etc. and so on. We he got a bill for "his" part, it was more than he would have paid if he was uninsured.

On Peg's deal imagine how well we could take care of people like her if it weren't for the scammers.
Had cataract surgery a few years ago. Had insurance but had met none of my deductible. I simply told them the surgery would be "Patient Pay".....Called the doctor's office a few weeks afterward adn asked them to go ahead and file, not that they would get any money but it would apply the amount toward my deductible. Lady advised me they would have billed the insurance company more than twice what I paid myself if I had filed on insurance.