Need input

Help Support CattleToday:

Bub

Reaction score
Had a Heffiers have her first calf this morning had already had calf when I went an checked every thing the problem is the cow is having a hard Time getting up an standing is can get up but it is really hard she tryed to walk made it about 4 steps an down she went her back left leg acts like she has no controls over it any suggestions on what's going on an what to do to solve problem thanks in advance

Pinched nerve. Give it time. In the mean time, make sure the pair has plenty of space to help prevent her falling on top of baby.

Aaron":1wwshq9e said:
Pinched nerve. Give it time. In the mean time, make sure the pair has plenty of space to help prevent her falling on top of baby.

:nod: :nod:

She should be okay with a little bit of time. I'd keep her and her newborn in a separate field/pen with plenty of room. This way there is little risk that momma and baby will be knocked around by others.

Ok guys update pinched nerve is what it is lol she's been able to get up an make 7 or 8 steps with some incourgement my only consern is I read if she don't get up an more an she stays down there's a chance for perment proalleses should I continue to incourge her to get up an move or just let her be thank for all advice

Yeah I went on an called the vet they told us the same thing so wife is going to pick some stuff up thanks for all the help

Update cow is up an moving on her own calf is sucking thanks for all the tips

Latest posts