• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Need help from Clipping Experts

Help Support CattleToday:

SWSFHerefords

Reaction score
I have been looking up clipping tips and pictures of clipped cattle to try to get a better idea of what I need. A lot of people use several different clipper blades and I think that might help me a lot since I just use the blades that came on the clippers...bad I know lol. But I dont really know what blades I need. I have a set of Oster Showmasters and a set of smaller two speed andis clippers I use blocking blades on. So my question is what size blades do you use and where do you use them? Meaning like 5/8 blades on the neck area or that kind of thing. Can anyone help me out?

Aaron

Reaction score
As far as I am concerned, as long as you know what you are doing, you only need a set of sheep heads and set of beef heads.

Mind you, I don't show anymore, just show 4-Her's how to clip, so I just use beef (flat/conventional) heads.

Take your time, and do it early enough that you can allow for mistakes. Nothing makes me break a sweat quicker than clipping a possible winner the day before the show.

To do a good job, allow a full day. I have spent 2 hours just clipping the front end on an animal. When I go to 4-H prep days, people get impatient with the time it takes for me to clip an animal lightly. I'm a perfectionist and I never am satisfied with the work I do. :cowboy:

Latest posts