Need help, any computer guru's out there?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with my wife's computer. I consider myself to know more than the basics, but I'm stuck. She has a "gaming" monster of a computer. When she loads a new game it will crash about a third of the time (we have had it into the "pro's" twice :roll: . Usually I just go into safe mode and restore to a safe point. But last night it crashed and now it will only boot to the "access raid" window and stop. So I can't get to the point to push F8 to access the startup options to go to safe mode.

Any help?
Alan

Does this computer have disk drives in a raid configuration like SATA or scsi ? If you have disk spanning instead of redundancy and encounter a drive failure you don't have a safety net.

perda04":2jahcxob said:
Does this computer have disk drives in a raid configuration like SATA or scsi ? If you have disk spanning instead of redundancy and encounter a drive failure you don't have a safety net.

Well it didn't take long to get over my head. But no, it does not appear to have a SATA or scsi. More detail on her computer is that it was built to her specs by a "pro", it has 5 hard drives set up in a linear config. She was to load all her games on drive "L" and go from there. Well things started crashing on drive L and the techs could not figure out why... they had no problems with the computer while it was in there shop (twice). So she started to just load the games on drive "C", no problems until last night, when it completely crashed.

I'm just hoping to get it back up for her so she can have it on her days off during the holiday, techs are gone until after the first.

Any suggestions on a good computer message board?

Thanks,
Alan

Latest posts