Need advice

Help Support CattleToday:

Guys I have a real problem here with a neighbours cattle .They are always over here, causing problems.I have tried talking to him but He seems to not care where they are.But its getting crazy here,I woke up this morning to his cows grazing my lawn.

Any idea how to resolve this, without getting a lawyer involved.

This must be a Manitoba thing. Last night as my wife was putting the kids to bed, all of a sudden I see a cow walking by my patio doors and as I look closer I got about 120 head of cows and calves grazing on my lawn, getting into my hay, breaking down my fences. So I spent my night last night chasing the cows back down the road. repairing the neighbors fence, fixing my fence. His fencer wasn't working so I hooked his fence into my fencer. Now I've got about 8 miles hooked into that fencer so its not too strong. I called him about it. Told him his cows were in my yard. His answer was 'Is that right'. No offer to pay for my ruined bales or my time fixing fence. Next time, I'll get out my gun. :mad:

Ellie May, very cute kid you have there.

Ellie May":2u8tvwv2 said:
Sounds kinda like us. We have a neighbor who don't raise cattle but just buys and sells steers all the time. Every year we have 3 or more end up in our yard or fields. The worst part is, since he buys and sells all the time. They infect our cattle with diseases. Like we hardley buy any more but they will end up with IBR.
Ellie May

Cattle Rack

People sometimes.......Why can,t a guy keep a good fence.

Take some photos and Send him a bill for the hay and your time. if he don,t pay take him to small claims court.

I figure my time should be worth at least $50 an hr,more if i have to stop haying or what I am doing for this type of B.S :( :(

Well here is a trick that works well here in TEXAS

Neighbor has cattle out all the time, poor fence and does not seem to care

Call sherrif out to witness the mater, and get the owner to speak with sherrif to document the trouble

Then when cattle are out, charge the hell out of him for time working cattle and pen charge, feed etc, and charge him if you do the hualing too

Cost a friends neighbor $600. on a two day adventure, so far has not happened again

Do you have any Federal land nearby? National forest or wet lands?
If so, just haul them to it and turn them out.

Hillbilly

Do you have any Federal land nearby? National forest or wet lands?
If so, just haul them to it and turn them out.

Hillbilly

Now there's an idea that will work. There's a big patch about 3 square miles of government land of the worst slough, trees and bog right kitty corner to that property. If you lost your cattle out there, you'd have to track them on foot. It could take days to get them back. What a good idea. :idea:

We have quality perimeter fence around our property...5.5 foot high, 7 strands barb wire. Also a main entry gate we close at night. And an excellent Sheriff's department.

Only had one incident of a stray black baldy wandering in our front area during day, looking for her lost calf...duh!...fortunately our entry alarm system notified us; we went outside ran her in corral and called owner (recognized her brand)...he picked her up within the hour. Good neighbor, good alarm system...lol.