need a little paint suggestion...

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586":1gtdc93a said:
john250":1gtdc93a said:
As CT is mostly old cattlemen, the thought of soliciting design help here is just over the cliff, unless you are designing a corall. Paint colors. SMH.
;-) Love it. Okay, what the heck is SMH, see it all the time. The acronyms drive me crazier. :???:
Shaking My Head! like when you see something that is odd or in your mind ridiculous and you have no words and you just shake you head is disbelief.

Isomade":3nbuiap8 said:
Ok Ms. Anne, are you ready for your kitchen makeover by Isom :D ?

First, we're gonna leave those cabinets alone except for the pulls which we are going to go with a cheap and easy fix of changing the pulls to a western themed, though no too masculine, rot iron. Possibly like these-
03fa5396106ddf8baa9f15a77c502466.jpg

Next we are going to change the floors, again we don't have to spend a lot but these peel and stick linoleum barnwood tiles are inexpensive, wear well, and if you damage one you can simply pull up the damaged piece and replace. Here is an example showing different options-
18178d659b0c35db2dd1922fe5a7224d.jpg

Now we need a slightly feminine, yet warm and cheery color to tie it together, I suggest this turquoise-
5dafbd72f93871e6b9d5a49e25a88cbf.jpg

Lastly we need to tie it all together with some classic western movie prints framed in barnwood, you can buy or make your own frames very inexpensively. I suggest you select prints that have both male and females as their subjects so to have a western ranch feel with a feminine appeal. For example-
482bddeeec341f16b06193876a5d7290.jpg

And Voila! Kitchen design by Isom.
where can you get those tiles....?

Don't mind John, he's just getting a little old and grouchy, I've seen him post stranger things :p .

Hello John :D

ALACOWMAN":p4lq65bm said:
Isomade":p4lq65bm said:
Ok Ms. Anne, are you ready for your kitchen makeover by Isom :D ?

First, we're gonna leave those cabinets alone except for the pulls which we are going to go with a cheap and easy fix of changing the pulls to a western themed, though no too masculine, rot iron. Possibly like these-
03fa5396106ddf8baa9f15a77c502466.jpg

Next we are going to change the floors, again we don't have to spend a lot but these peel and stick linoleum barnwood tiles are inexpensive, wear well, and if you damage one you can simply pull up the damaged piece and replace. Here is an example showing different options-
18178d659b0c35db2dd1922fe5a7224d.jpg

Now we need a slightly feminine, yet warm and cheery color to tie it together, I suggest this turquoise-
5dafbd72f93871e6b9d5a49e25a88cbf.jpg

Lastly we need to tie it all together with some classic western movie prints framed in barnwood, you can buy or make your own frames very inexpensively. I suggest you select prints that have both male and females as their subjects so to have a western ranch feel with a feminine appeal. For example-
482bddeeec341f16b06193876a5d7290.jpg

And Voila! Kitchen design by Isom.
where can you get those tiles....?
Lowes, or http://www.armstrong.com/flooring/produ ... /N-67sZ6wb

alisonb":35sh5uuu said:
Don't mind John, he's just getting a little old and grouchy, I've seen him post stranger things :p .

Hello Alison. Wow! Y'know I didn't mean to slam a young lady making her new home. I will say that when the ex and I remodeled this house I was allowed to pick the paint for one room. I said "John Deere Green". Closest paint chip I could find was "Conservatory Green". Everyone remarks on it. That's good, right. :nod: Who knew we had so many fashionistas at CT. Heck, I wear white sox to weddings and funerals. They're comfortable.

john250":8zj06hzj said:
alisonb":8zj06hzj said:

Hello Alison. Wow! Y'know I didn't mean to slam a young lady making her new home. I will say that when the ex and I remodeled this house I was allowed to pick the paint for one room. I said "John Deere Green". Closest paint chip I could find was "Conservatory Green". Everyone remarks on it. That's good, right. :nod: Who knew we had so many fashionistas at CT. Heck, I wear white sox to weddings and funerals. They're comfortable.

John, you're ok. I knew you were not slamming her. She and I have become friends. She is a sweet young lady.

8) :lol: :lol: Glacier Ridge is a favorite of mine as well. I just thought it was odd to ask decorating advice from a crowd which thinks art is the naked lady in the mirror behind the bar. I was probably transferring my weaknesses onto everyone else. :nod:

john250":d9nyelnd said:
8) :lol: :lol: Glacier Ridge is a favorite of mine as well. I just thought it was odd to ask decorating advice from a crowd which thinks art is the naked lady in the mirror behind the bar. I was probably transferring my weaknesses onto everyone else. :nod:
I am afraid you are right. We are a rough and rowdy crew here. So we must be on our best behavior when the ladies are posting. :D

If the cabinets are real wood, (they look oak to me) I sure wouldn't paint them.

Hard to tell about the kitchen from the pics-----------need to see from a bigger aspect. What works in a medium sized room doesn't always work in a larger room.

Those cabinets look pretty good to me, all the stores like lowes and menards have new hardware. Isom is right those peel and stick tiles are a fast inexpensive way to put down a new floor, easy to do. I'm not good at colors, but if you paint it and don't like it just paint it again. Anyway, good luck!!!

Larry

Here are the afters:
Many of you might think it's a sin to paint them cabinets, but I more than likely will have to replace them in about 10 years or whenever I pay this place off.
IMG_20130918_215310_zps99db161f.jpg

IMG_20130925_230328_zps0515494e.jpg

I did the living room too, it was all white, with a few marks on the wall, so I was like, why not?
IMG_20130930_211434_zps23ae40d5.jpg

Latest posts