need a little paint suggestion...

Help Support CattleToday:

glacierridge

Reaction score
Got a new place...
Absolutely HATE the kitchen wallpaper...
It's gotta go.
Cupboards need a face lift too.
Was thinking of just painting them babies to brighten them and protecting them better, they have water damage near the sink and where pulls and knobs are, they show some damage too.
Who here likes picking colors and wants to help me with a retro theme color scheme?
I like the old school floor in the place and it'll match my dining set.
Input appreciated.
P.S.
Want mostly warm colors.

The yucky wallpaper
IMG_20130831_104338_zps3a710680.jpg

The floor that I'm actually okay with
IMG_20130831_104346_zpsf220a16d.jpg

The cupboards that aren't bad but not great
IMG_20130831_104358_zps34a31bb9.jpg

My counters that I'm okay with too.
IMG_20130831_104411_zps9e84763c.jpg

Was thinking of using Dutch boy band paint... If that helps with color names and shades.

Nice place, Anne. Congratulations. Any paint store will give you details on the proper paints and make suggestions on tones, colors, etc. Some will come take a look. Looks like you did well. Put up that picture of the nursing calf. You hit a home run with that!

My mother painted the inside of an old travel trailer retro colors and it looked nice. She painted the cabinets a bright red and the walls a light beige. She then put light beige glass knobs on the cabinets to make it pop. You might try something along those lines.

I was almost thinking red cabinets with off white doors to pop...??
Not sure yet exactly what I'd like to do but I want some red for sure :)
Too much red might overwhelm.
That sounds awesome Hoss, wish I could see that, but from what I picture, sounds sweet.

Anne, nice pic :D

Don't mind the cupboards and the counter tops, the wallpaper and floor should go. Would paint the walls that 'sage' green that comes through in the counter tops or a grey (that will pick up on the sink basin, taps and any other grey you may have in the kitchen) . Your colors then - brown, grey, sage green and white(ceiling and trim). Replace the flooring with some nice light(grey/green) ceramic tiles.

Then get quirky and retro with accessories like the painting etc.....they can always be taken off when you get tired of retro. JMO :2cents:

Have fun!

alisonb":27zp1bzh said:
Anne, nice pic :D

Don't mind the cupboards and the counter tops, the wallpaper and floor should go. Would paint the walls that 'sage' green that comes through in the counter tops or a grey (that will pick up on the sink basin, taps and any other grey you may have in the kitchen) . Your colors then - brown, grey, sage green and white(ceiling and trim). Replace the flooring with some nice light(grey/green) ceramic tiles.

Then get quirky and retro with accessories like the painting etc.....they can always be taken off when you get tired of retro. JMO :2cents:

Have fun!
i like tha cabinets to ... with the right paint on the walls, and different floor... they will look fine

I'm with the consensus to leave the cabinets the way they are. I always like wood anyway.. just do away with the wallpaper and use a good paint.

john250":2aq5e2d8 said:
As CT is mostly old cattlemen, the thought of soliciting design help here is just over the cliff, unless you are designing a corall. Paint colors. SMH.

Anne knows that John, she is just so proud of her first home. Remember the movie planes trains and automobiles? Neil Page (Steve Martin) does not understand why the taxicab driver is taking them on a tour of the town at 2:00 AM. He says to Dell Griffith, "but it is 2:00 in the morning." And Dell says, "I know, I know. But he is proud of his town. That's a dam rare thing these days." Well, John. "I know, I know. But she's proud of her first home. That's a dam rare thing these days." :D

Anne. Just take the comments that serve you best. Ron.

Thanks Ron.
Yeah...
Last I checked guys, Coffee Shop is a place for "friendly chat, rumors, gossip and jokes"
I would think this qualifies as "friendly chat"
It is my first home and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the things that go into the simplest change. Really is a process, but I'm ready to tackle these things. :)
I have been on here almost a year, I have met many wonderful people, man and woman alike and know that everyone on here has talents, skills and a craft of some sort.
I have met folks that do beautiful glasswork, photography and people that have done interior design.
So... If Coffee Shop is a place for friendly chat, why can't I throw this out there to let folks come at me with their life experience and ideas?
At least I didn't post this in "breeding and calving issues" ;-)

Ok Ms. Anne, are you ready for your kitchen makeover by Isom :D ?

First, we're gonna leave those cabinets alone except for the pulls which we are going to go with a cheap and easy fix of changing the pulls to a western themed, though no too masculine, rot iron. Possibly like these-
03fa5396106ddf8baa9f15a77c502466.jpg

Next we are going to change the floors, again we don't have to spend a lot but these peel and stick linoleum barnwood tiles are inexpensive, wear well, and if you damage one you can simply pull up the damaged piece and replace. Here is an example showing different options-
18178d659b0c35db2dd1922fe5a7224d.jpg

Now we need a slightly feminine, yet warm and cheery color to tie it together, I suggest this turquoise-
5dafbd72f93871e6b9d5a49e25a88cbf.jpg

Lastly we need to tie it all together with some classic western movie prints framed in barnwood, you can buy or make your own frames very inexpensively. I suggest you select prints that have both male and females as their subjects so to have a western ranch feel with a feminine appeal. For example-
482bddeeec341f16b06193876a5d7290.jpg

And Voila! Kitchen design by Isom.

john250":2i89ygvf said:
As CT is mostly old cattlemen, the thought of soliciting design help here is just over the cliff, unless you are designing a corall. Paint colors. SMH.
;-) Love it. Okay, what the heck is SMH, see it all the time. The acronyms drive me crazier. :???:

Latest posts