Neck Sweats

Help Support CattleToday:

karlie45

Reaction score
Do neck sweats work? I have a couple of heifers that I think wouldnt hurt to lose a little. Anyway...Wich one worksthe best? How long does it take? Does the lotion that sullivan sells help speed up the process? Opinions? The heifers are PB Simmental and 1/2 Simmental, If that makes a difference.

The sweats work. Buy the leather ones with the neoprene liner. They are a lot tougher than the Maximizers. As for the lotion, if your not careful, you can burn a calf real easy.

I use the purple ones & leather ones. Purple ones in the barn Leather ones outside. I thinkthe purple ones work better than the leather ones but they have worked wonders onmy PB Simmy heifers. If you'd like pictures to see the difference just let me know.
LinZ

Simmi Show Gal":13x2kozn said:
I use the purple ones & leather ones. Purple ones in the barn Leather ones outside. I thinkthe purple ones work better than the leather ones but they have worked wonders onmy PB Simmy heifers. If you'd like pictures to see the difference just let me know.
LinZ

Please post pictures! I would love to see the difference!

R903_small.jpg

Image000000.jpg

I've personally never liked the look of a calf after they've had a sweat on. If the sweat doesn't fit properly you can definitely tell when you look at the calf. The neck basically takes the exact form of the sweat and just doesn't look correct. Just my $.02 though.

Simmi Show Gal- Thanks for the pics. How long did it take to get those results? Your heifers 'after' pic looks really good.

Klintdog- Thanks for your input... I have thought about that too. Kinda the reason I have never really thought about using them till now. But then again, I have never seen a calf in person whose showman openly said that they used a neck sweat, so I wouldnt know.

The difference in those pics are almost a yr. But..from the time I got her..March(she looked the same as the first picture, which was taken in Jan before I bought her)..I had results like that in September. YOu can see results very quickly but it takes awhile to get REALLY dramatic changes such as my heifers. The after pic I posted of her is just the latest I have. They do really good on mine. I leave one on them 24/7. I don't use the lotion though. If you use them and leave them off for very long..a week or so..the results won't last.

LinZ

Perhaps she may have grown into a little bit but most of it was from using the neck sweat consistently. I've used a neck sweat on older heifers before and it's worked. All of my heifers keep neck sweats on. I don't have alot of money and I wouldn't have invested in all the neck sweats I have if they didn't work.

Latest posts