Smoothing the Hump of A Bull Neck

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cattle Girl

Reaction score
One of my steers that I have for county fair has a hump like a bull. The reason for this I assume is the fact that he still had a nutt, which got removed last week.

He has quite a bit of hair on his neck so I was thinking that if I could clip it really good, maybe it'd look smoother.

Any suggestions? :lol:

-Angus Girl

Not going to fool anyone.

If I can pick it out from a pic - seems to me I have seen pics of this animal and mentioned it then - then you can be sure a judge will see it now.

Trim away and do your best.

Show him for fun and then eat him.

He'll taste just fine.

You learned something and will not let it happen again - life is fine. Just go and have fun.

Regards,

Bez>

i would shave it close, show it, take the comments on it, and then either sell it at the at the fair, eat it, or sell it

at the high of the hump trim it real close and leave it longer as it goes off the hump.....basically come down with the highs and up with the lows

Anouther thing you could try is to buy yourself a sweat collar the sell them in the Nasco cataloges (i believe they still do) it might help in redusing the size of the lump

april2982":2xnngk40 said:
Anouther thing you could try is to buy yourself a sweat collar the sell them in the Nasco cataloges (i believe they still do) it might help in redusing the size of the lump
i dont think so. it will just take the extra skin and shirnk it down. although i would just like to tell every one that Sullivan supply now sells neck sweats with neapream(sp) in them instead of fleace