National guard used against citizens

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
JW IN VA said:
jltrent said:
I live on the very western part of the state and it is two different worlds from the east part.

Ain't it the truth? I know Sky has seen it first hand having lived on both sides of the state.
Part of it has to do with how the state was settled originally and part has to do with the changes later.
It seems only a few "pockets" of population are like minded one way and the rest of the state the opposite,though.
I think our divisions are only going to get wider instead of better. It is only going to be solved when people start thinking about their fellow man and the common good instead of"all about me" or the desire to control.

I have been on both sides and it is 2 different worlds... These people that run things have no idea what is going on with rural life nor do they understand it one of the members here who is a good friend is a county administrator has told me while everyone is focusing on 2nd amendment they are going to push other measures through that will directly hurt the farmers of the state. If you need specifics I can ask him chime in or tell you who it is so you can talk directly to him if they don't mind.

I would be interested in what he has to say about the farming. The VA Secretary of Ag and Forestry has been a friend for many many years. Can't see her standing behind hurting the farmers or timber companies. But lots of surprises in this governor's office

kenny thomas said:
I would be interested in what he has to say about the farming. The VA Secretary of Ag and Forestry has been a friend for many many years. Can't see her standing behind hurting the farmers or timber companies. But lots of surprises in this governor's office

It has to do with waste water improvements is one thing he mentioned.

[/quote]

It has to do with waste water improvements is one thing he mentioned.
[/quote]

I expect we will see something.They should first direct their "help" toward getting public sanitation to areas that want but can't afford it.Just making people put in an expensive engineered system which must be inspected annually is a burden for a lot of people.
If they're worried about phosphates,maye limiting fertilizer on non crop areas would be a start.

I wonder if the confiscation and now national guard statements aren't part of a scheme where everybody gets all worked up then finally the house of delegates can "compromise" banning high cap mags and private transfers. Meanwhile most gunowners are somewhat relieved that nothing got taken away. Likely when you sell something, you ask more than you expect, then negotiate back to where you really want to be. I expect gun owners are getting played.

Could this be the waste water change mentioned?
https://www.13newsnow.com/mobile/article/news/local/virginia/gov-northam-released-virginias-final-chesapeake-bay-restoration-plan/291-cf0a1f68-30f6-49b8-8d12-2209c8bcb812

SDM said:
I wonder if the confiscation and now national guard statements aren't part of a scheme where everybody gets all worked up then finally the house of delegates can "compromise" banning high cap mags and private transfers. Meanwhile most gunowners are somewhat relieved that nothing got taken away. Likely when you sell something, you ask more than you expect, then negotiate back to where you really want to be. I expect gun owners are getting played.

Could this be the waste water change mentioned?
https://www.13newsnow.com/mobile/article/news/local/virginia/gov-northam-released-virginias-final-chesapeake-bay-restoration-plan/291-cf0a1f68-30f6-49b8-8d12-2209c8bcb812

That's the proverbial camels nose under the tent. They know keep whittling they are about two generations away from totalitarian government.

Seems to me it sure is easy to drive everyone into a state of panic these days.

The article stated 1 law maker said the governor should consider using the National Guard.
The next thing you know we have posts with misleading claim of National Guard (to be) used against citizens. Let Virginians debate their state politics and rights among themselves, but at least stick to the facts.

Son of Butch said:
Seems to me it sure is easy to drive everyone into a state of panic these days.

The article stated 1 law maker said the governor should consider using the National Guard.
The next thing you know we have posts with misleading claim of National Guard (to be) used against citizens. Let Virginians debate their state politics and rights among themselves, but at least stick to the facts.

Want a fact... That should have never been said by a representative. Second it's not just about Virginia if you think that's all it is I feel sorry for you because you can't see the forest for the trees. It's easy to see you have tunnel vision and do not look at the bigger picture. Well I'm adding another goober to my block list that has nothing intelligent to say ever.

State politics... leading to name calling... like I said some people sure do panic.
An elected official isn't allowed to express an opinion to the governor in Virginia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts