NASP National tournament

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I'm totally out of the loop on this archery in schools program. I know the tournament is in Louisville May 11-13. I had so much on my plate this year, I completely left archery up to my wife (sons first year participating). Practice etc. was in the winter, and it just gets dark too early for me to be fooling with it. He's the only middle schooler going, with the high school. Not even sure why that is. His school wants me to go (which I totally understand). They either need to send somebody, or a parent go (school policy). Anybody ever been? Will I just be killing time time while wads of kids shoot, or will there be something for me to do?

My gut instinct is this thing is a money grab by some national organization. It's fine, if that's the case. It's not far, and a hotel for 2 nights aint too terribly expensive.

When we go to the 4h competition we as coaches with be judging. Some parent volunteers will also be judging. Some parents will sit in the stands and watch. Our state competition is coming up on the 22. Only had 4 kids want to go this time. I won't get to go though because they scheduled the hog show for the same day 2 hours away from there. We are very similar to the NASP as far as rules and equipment. Better take your binoculars and if it's outside a good sunshade and chair. It's an all day event.

We have a couple local kids going. We couldn't make it to the qualifying tourney so my son's staying home. Good luck to Littlefoot.

Latest posts