Name a Proven Angus Heifer Bull who is a Foot Improve

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
Name a Proven Angus heifer bull who is a foot improver with average or above milk.
Prefer a younger bull.

A few for your consideration ...
Hoover Dam
MGR Treasure (but milk EPD is below average)
Basin Rainmaker 4404
Connealy Conquest
Tehama Tahoe B767
S A V Rainfall 6846
S Chisum 255
Baldridge Compass CO41
SydGen Resolve 7132
Ellingson Accelerate 5264
Bruns Top Cut 373

SS Niagara, my oldest are two yr. olds and they have great toe shape and structure. I would include KM Broken Bow on that list also.

W.B. said:
SS Niagara, my oldest are two yr. olds and they have great toe shape and structure. I would include KM Broken Bow on that list also.
Would you use SS Niagara on heifers with his CED EPD of +4? Seems like he might not be a good choice for heifers. That bull has caught my attention the past few months and he's on my short list for future use, but I don't think I'd use him on my heifers with his CED.

Too young yet to comment on our Treasures feet but they sure look pretty.

We got a lot of Hickok for our commercial heifers this year. So haven't used yet but main reason why!

Hoover Dam is a stout one. We love his look but again, calves are too little yet. We've been impressed with how uniform they've come.

Luckiamute said:
W.B. said:
Would you use SS Niagara on heifers with his CED EPD of +4? Seems like he might not be a good choice for heifers. That bull has caught my attention the past few months and he's on my short list for future use, but I don't think I'd use him on my heifers with his CED.
I am currently calving my 3rd set of first calf heifers to him. I have had to help a couple last year but they were easy pulls. I use him on lower birth heifers that need some performance. Last year I pelvic measured my replacements to ensure I didn't have any small one in the bunch.

NEFarmwife said:
W.B. said:

We also have him this year! Have you used him before? Broken Bow.

This is the first we have used him. I used him on some Courage daughters and some other moderate framed females that I felt I wouldn't mind a little frame bump. I purchased a son of BB that ran with the second calvers. He is a very good breeder and looks good for a 2 yr.

Thanks for the feedback. Any thoughts on LD Capitalist 316 vs Musgrave Stunner? I saw that 316 is supposed to have perfect feet. Just surprised both LDC and MS have below average DOC....but they do have eye appeal.

Air gator said:
Thanks for the feedback. Any thoughts on LD Capitalist 316 vs Musgrave Stunner? I saw that 316 is supposed to have perfect feet. Just surprised both LDC and MS have below average DOC....but they do have eye appeal.

We decided to sample Stunner this year. We had some LD 316 and they turned out pretty good.
Lot 79, 80 at 2019 Midland Bull Test

LCBulls,
Good luck in the sale. It's helpful just to look at the numbers in the Midland Bull Test Catalog.
Musgrave has some magic going on right now with bulls. I really like the bulls out of Big Sky cows.
Not sure if he is really a heifer bull or not.

Air gator said:
LCBulls,
Good luck in the sale. It's helpful just to look at the numbers in the Midland Bull Test Catalog.
Musgrave has some magic going on right now with bulls. I really like the bulls out of Big Sky cows.
Not sure if he is really a heifer bull or not.

Thanks, We don't creep or feed any silage to our cattle, they are raised just like a commercial cattleman's operation.
Musgrave has done a really good job of using Sires that work in the real world. noticed that they sold some Embryos by U2 Coalition (Beef 360) . We're probably going to flush to him some.

I never heard of U2 Coalition before. I have so many bulls I want to use it may take a while for him to get on my list. Thanks for your feedback.

Air gator said:
I never heard of U2 Coalition before. I have so many bulls I want to use it may take a while for him to get on my list. Thanks for your feedback.

I believe we will hear a lot more about this bull in the future, but I've been wrong before and will be again.

U2 Coalition 206C

Just talked to someone the other day that saw Stunner in stud and said he had terrible feet. I also don't like they way he moves off his front end and he is a bit short strided (both of those opinions based on a couple different videos I have seen of him). I did use Musgrave Aviator after seeing him in stud a few years ago - he is heifer safe - I liked him the best of all the bulls I saw in the three studs around Billings and his feet looked good. So far the calves seem to have good feet but only yearlings now, and they have their sires type so I am pleased. Hickok was one of the other bulls that I liked on that trip.

Latest posts