NAILE

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know how Naile is but at the state fair we got a release and drove right out. They never even looked in the trailer to see how many we had. In no way do they verify they are even yours.

We have to get release papers and are stopped at the gate, have to show the release and they looked into the trailer. I guess you are right they had no way of knowing that they were mine and didn't ask for verification.
But how the heck did they get them loaded up without someone noticing? Maybe in the middle of the night?? I guess it would be pretty easy to do it then, I don't think there is anyone at the gates past midnight.
That is just awful, I hope they catch them. I can't stand a thief.

That's terrible about the 4 shorthorns.. but doesn't that seem really odd to anyone? Why would you steal four show quality heifers, that the "stealer" would never be able to get papers for or register progeny from? Do you think they'll just turn them out in a pasture somewhere?

TheBullLady":fu0em1n1 said:
That's terrible about the 4 shorthorns.. but doesn't that seem really odd to anyone? Why would you steal four show quality heifers, that the "stealer" would never be able to get papers for or register progeny from? Do you think they'll just turn them out in a pasture somewhere?

My thoughts exactly, I just heard that they were some pretty high dollar units. Why would someone do that? Hold em for ransom? What are they going to gain other than turning them out to pasture, there would be no way to register. I don't know about the security in the big barn but in Broadbent there is security there all night long both ends of the building. I hope they get caught but where the heck would you even begin to look? There are people from all over the country down there.

If it did happen. They stold them to be Steer Mommas. "Most likley". Theres also a possibity that they were taken by someone who is owed some money. I've heard of both scenarios happening before.

I did see on another site, where the owner confirmed that there were heifers stolen. There is a reward offerred. Pretty incredible that someone would even THINK of doing this, let alone actually do it. I worry about our show stuff being stolen, but wouldn't for one second think someone could or would take our steers/heifers! Incredible! Hope they catch them.

lcm":3alr26r0 said:
I did see on another site, where the owner confirmed that there were heifers stolen. There is a reward offerred. Pretty incredible that someone would even THINK of doing this, let alone actually do it. I worry about our show stuff being stolen, but wouldn't for one second think someone could or would take our steers/heifers! Incredible! Hope they catch them.

What site was that on?? Mind sharing it?

We were at the NAILE. We heard about it from some Shorthorn breeders. It is true. They were much more diligent checking trailers after this happened even with the release.

I hope they catch whomever did it.

lcm":smpt3ae1 said:
This past weekend it was on http://www.breedersworld.com

I found it:

Re: four head stolen
Author: Cindy Hunter (74-39-0-179.nas2.blm.ia.frontiernet.net)
Date: 11-14-07 01:01

Yes it is true, 4 head of Shorthorn show heifers were stolen from the Cyclone Trace/ Hunter tie outs on Friday night at the North American show in Louisville. At this time the incident is under investigation. If anyone has any information please email or call us. We would appreciate your help.
We are saddened that anyone would go to this extreme.
A reward is being offered for information that leads us to the person(s) responsible for this incident or the return of these show heifers.
Pete and Cindy Hunter

They were two trailers over from where we had our trailer and cattle tied out.

Jovid":s0h201ql said:
They were two trailers over from where we had our trailer and cattle tied out.

Gosh, did this happen Friday night the 9th?? Seems like there would have been a heads up given to exhibitors down there. I didn't hear about it until I got back home! I sure hope they catch the thieves!

I've got two families I know really well who raise Shorthorns who were there... I'm going to check with them to see what they know about it.... I was glad to hear it wasn't their animals taken but sure sorry for the people it happened to... surely someone saw something...

Latest posts