NAILE

Help Support CattleToday:

Jovid

Reaction score
Anybody going to the NAILE? We leave Thursday for nine days of fun and excitement. :D :D :D

We go on the 13th, show on the 15th.

I just noticed we have to get there between 8 a.m. & 6 p.m. on the 13th but cattle and tack have to remain in the tieouts until the 14th. Seems silly we have to be there by 6 p.m. on the 13th if we can't take them in the barn until the 14th.

Chris H":2uv6kjej said:
We go on the 13th, show on the 15th.

I just noticed we have to get there between 8 a.m. & 6 p.m. on the 13th but cattle and tack have to remain in the tieouts until the 14th. Seems silly we have to be there by 6 p.m. on the 13th if we can't take them in the barn until the 14th.

They do have some odd ways of doing things. I have a granddaughter that will show in the juniors on Sunday the 11th and the cattle have to be there by noon on the 9th. Then our open show isn't till the 14th and we can't bring cattle in until the 13th. So we have to keep some tied at the trailer from Thursday night until Tuesday morning. Sure is a pain hauling water.

We will be there for 7 full days. This always seems to be one of the longest shows.

We are going down for the first time this year and I'm a little scared. People keep telling me that there is not enough room and you can't hardly find a spot. We put rings on the outside of the trailer today because I have not been to a show that doesn't have enough tie out space. Does anyone know about stalling in the barn, do the breed associations assign space for everyone or is it first come first serve. We have to be down there for 9 days that seems crazy, but I guess I'll never know if it's any fun unless I try it.

HFSimmOH":ts4hxmw3 said:
We are going down for the first time this year and I'm a little scared. People keep telling me that there is not enough room and you can't hardly find a spot. We put rings on the outside of the trailer today because I have not been to a show that doesn't have enough tie out space. Does anyone know about stalling in the barn, do the breed associations assign space for everyone or is it first come first serve. We have to be down there for 9 days that seems crazy, but I guess I'll never know if it's any fun unless I try it.

Don't know about other breeds but ours assigns stall space before we get there. You made a wise choice by putting rings on the trailer. The tie out area is a disaster that is why most people tie to their trailers. Plan on doing a lot of walking from your trailer to the barns.

Other than that it will be quite an experience for you. Do you get to show in Freedom Hall?

We get to show in the main area, our show is on the 13th. I'm excited about showing in the green.
Is the trailer parking on grass or on cement.

going for junior and open week with two chi heifers....as soon as my steer sells thursday night we are leaving and driving all night....yay! i have never been to the NAILE but i have been to nat. convention when it was in louisville and its a huge place...

i hear its a grass lot for tie-out

I don't know why you people put up with the conditions. Here in Australia at the large shows everyone is assigned space irrespective of how many cattle you have. Some exhibitors get a bit sneaky and enter a couple of head more then withdraw them to give them just that little more space. The mark of a good cattle steward is to ensure that each exhibitor has room to house their animals. I wouldn't be going to a show that didn't look after me. Don't you exhibitors have an entry closing date? If you do then the organizers have no excuse not to provide adequate accommodation.The length of our major shows have now been reduced which is excellent. Any one that is interested in the cattle will generally be there at judging or very soon after. We don't need to cater for the city folk that seldom know one end of an animal from the other.
Colin

Australian Cattleman":2r1tl6gr said:
I don't know why you people put up with the conditions. Here in Australia at the large shows everyone is assigned space irrespective of how many cattle you have. Some exhibitors get a bit sneaky and enter a couple of head more then withdraw them to give them just that little more space. The mark of a good cattle steward is to ensure that each exhibitor has room to house their animals. I wouldn't be going to a show that didn't look after me. Don't you exhibitors have an entry closing date? If you do then the organizers have no excuse not to provide adequate accommodation.The length of our major shows have now been reduced which is excellent. Any one that is interested in the cattle will generally be there at judging or very soon after. We don't need to cater for the city folk that seldom know one end of an animal from the other.
Colin

Several factors make things different here than in Australia.
in the States it's all about the money as far as a Fair is concerned. numbers... numbers...numbers....
They do have entry deadlines and stalling assingments.
However they oversell entries for a few reasons
1. Everyshow wants to be the biggest.
2. Like you every breeder also makes extra entries to get space.
3. The show also expects a certain number of entries to scratch.
There are many shows in Texas we have pulled out of because of overcrowding or just plain rude uncaring staff. However if showing and exhibiting is part of your livelyhood and you have national status it's hard to miss out on the NAILE. Its where things happen (kind of like a National show for every breed) I put it and Denver along the same lines when it comes to importance. When your in the show business, how many people can say "We won Louisville". Not many, thats why we allow ourselves to be packed in like sardines by Mid level pencil pushers that run these fairs...... It stinks but when MaMa says lets go we go....

I wish we could go. My dad has purchased a bull that is going to be shown in the Limi show. He's done very well at the state level and at the World Beef Expo. They have video streaming, so we're going to try and watch the show this way. I think he shows on the 13th...and then he'll be coming to his new home in Texas. Can't wait to see how he does.

baxter78":3qvv333a said:
Was there. Had 2 heifers showing that we own half interest in as we own half interest in their embryo donor cow mother. One won reserve and the other won grand in her class. The one that won reserve someone said I've got 5,000 dollars which ill give you right here right now on the spot for her. My friend and I that co own the heifer laughed and said she will be in our production sale in march if you want her feel free to come and bid on her. Im at the hotel now typing on the laptop. I done good this year and proud to have my name on the heifers. Both of these heifers also won their classes at the American Royal and the Kentucky State Fair, Tennessee Valley Fair, Appalachian State Fair, etc. Travel Travel travel and more travel.

Congratulations! Great feeling, huh?!

iowahawkeyes":kr0xvfri said:
CKC1586":kr0xvfri said:
Back home and still smiling!!! My cow was Grand Champion Female!

Congrats!! We had one win a few years back, it's a great feeling!

Yes, thank you! Our Michigan crew did very well, we brought home both traveling trophies (female and bull) and both reserve grands! There are four farms of us that work and travel together. Pretty proud bunch these days.

For those that went to NAILE, did some heifers get stolen up there? Daughter heard something on another board but no heard it any where else.

Latest posts