Mytty In Focus Son

Help Support CattleToday:

I have always been a big fan of Focus of ER. Although his EPD's are not what they should be to todays standards, he was a sire of some great herd bulls and AI sires. He also was a great producer of cows.
His structure is great. I do have semen of Focus of ER, and I mostly want to use him on cows with higher numbers. He is also a great heifer bull.
With the poor structure of todays rear quarters in Angus, I find him to be something that could possibly help to deter on coming problems.

I purchased a heifer out of Focus of ER in the beginning, and before she calved, she bloated and we found her dead. She was a nice heifer and I was so sick about it.
I still value him as a sire as he passed his genes to better the calf.

Birth wt. 74 lbs., ratio 88; Adjusted weaning wt. 762 lbs., ratio 119; Adjusted yearling wt. 1,245 lbs., ratio 111; Adjusted scrotal cir. 36.7 cm.; Mature wt. 2,500 lbs.; Hip ht. 60 in.; Dam has 4 BR-96, 4 WR-113, 2 YR-105.

http://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedD...tT87XOG96EHC+7qoQ87b0a5UMDjAvqBQqbFFJI+CtqA==

SAFFocusofER.jpg

What about A A R Ten X 7008 SA
Ten X" is one of the most widely used bulls in the breed. He offers calving ease, performance, carcass merit, $Values and an outcross pedigree. He currently ranks #2 in the breed for $Beef at over +127 His dam is a very feminine "Adaptor" daughter with lots of rib and a great udder. Ten X females are doing great with 64 active daughters producing 101 calves averaging 104. His calves are consistent from top to bottom and they have excellent feet and legs.

simcross":3rkm9ke7 said:
What about A A R Ten X 7008 SA
No doubt about it Ten X is a "hot" bull.
What will we be saying about him in 6 years when he's 13 yrs old and Mitty in Focus's age?
My guess is he will still be well respected.
On paper "Adaptor's" high hp balances MIF's low hp to bring Ten X almost up to a breed average hp.
I expected Ten X's calving ease to drift closer to breed average, BUT at 90% accuracy his calving ease numbers seem to
have held up. I would not have expected a Mytty in Focus x Adaptor to produce Ten X's stature, perhaps it's a generation skip
coming from old Focus of ER?

Latest posts